• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Energy Crisis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Yeah although I saw this when it broke and assumed we had hours rather than days the way things are right now. Bit of an unusual case I suppose.
    The way energy companies are failing you could have had hours.

​​​​
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Four suppliers in talks with Ofgem according to Sky News. So four suppliers to collapse this week.

Comment

Companies thought to be at the point of collapse - Pure Planet, Ampower, Zebra Energy and Neon Reef

linky - https://news.sky.com/story/energy-wa...apses-12432354

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
          I'm with Utility Point (or was till last week, when they stopped trading). Got the email from EDF saying I'm being moved to them - no new tariff details yet to see how much they'll try to shaft me with their standard variable rate.
          Bit annoying they are still taking the standing order payments....

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Renationalise them all! It's the only way.
            Bring back coal fired power stations it's the only way! I hear Australia has a lot of spare coal at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
              Bit annoying they are still taking the standing order payments....
              Yeah, they took my payment a couple of days after they announced they'd gone bust. Apparently, we're all meant to keep the DD/SO in place and the funds will transfer to the new company (EDF in my case). Let's see how that goes...

Comment

Going Going Gone....

Pure Planet and Colorado Energy.

Pure Planet -
                https://purepla.net/

Due to the global energy crisis, record high wholesale energy costs, and the restrictions placed on us by the Ofgem Price Cap, we are unable to keep operating Pure Planet.

Colorado Energy - https://www.coloradoenergy.co.uk/

From 13th October 2021, Colorado Energy Limited will be entering into the Supplier of Last Resort process.

Comment

And another one - https://www.daligas.co.uk/

Daligas is ceasing to trade

From the 14th of October 2021, due to the unprecedented energy market conditions, the record high wholesale prices and the current energy cap set by the industry regulator Ofgem, we are unable to keep our team and business operating.
                  From all of us, please accept our deepest thanks for your support throughout all these years.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Going Going Gone....

Pure Planet and Colorado Energy.

Pure Planet -
                    https://purepla.net/

Due to the global energy crisis, record high wholesale energy costs, and the restrictions placed on us by the Ofgem Price Cap, we are unable to keep operating Pure Planet.

Colorado Energy - https://www.coloradoenergy.co.uk/

From 13th October 2021, Colorado Energy Limited will be entering into the Supplier of Last Resort process.
                    Pure Planet was our one - no idea who we'll be lumped with now. Looks like we could be paying £3k+ a year for energy at this rate..

What do all these little energy companies actually do, anyway? What value do they provide? Many of them are tiny and seem to consist of little more than some sort of customer management system and a couple of guys speculating on energy futures, hoping to make a markup on retail energy prices. Almost none of them actually produce the gas or electric, or have any role in the distribution network. Just seems to me like a pointless interjection of proft seeking grifters, who's business plan is so bad that they go bust the first time market goes againt them (or, more likely, just take the profts and run - until the next time).

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

Pure Planet was our one - no idea who we'll be lumped with now. Looks like we could be paying £3k+ a year for energy at this rate..

What do all these little energy companies actually do, anyway? What value do they provide? Many of them are tiny and seem to consist of little more than some sort of customer management system and a couple of guys speculating on energy futures, hoping to make a markup on retail energy prices. Almost none of them actually produce the gas or electric, or have any role in the distribution network. Just seems to me like a pointless interjection of proft seeking grifters, who's business plan is so bad that they go bust the first time market goes againt them (or, more likely, just take the profts and run - until the next time).
                      It is exactly this, just as Maggie intended.

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                      X