• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

XR blocking M25 Again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    While Priti Patel is trying to stop people having the right to protest it is a human right in the UK.
    No she isn't. Recent law changes (I thought they had already passed?) regard violent/offensive protest. The more intellectual protestors (or their leaders more commonly) are concerned - with some merit - that this gives police blanket powers to decide what is offensive, their followers just get told "she wants to ban protest because she's a Tory".

As an example I know someone who works for an anti-abortion charity, they take to the streets with quite graphic messages and literature. I imagine most here would disagree with their views and (like me) consider their approach rather unpleasant. However I imagine objectively, most people would agree they are legally allowed to... but new laws raise concerns Pc Plod can just shut down anyone they find distasteful. Which is potentially a slippery slope.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

https://metro.co.uk/2021/09/22/insul...bate-15297177/

Car crash interview which is ironic.

First question to Liam Norton - head of insulate Britain or whatever they are called

Q:"Do you have insulation in your own house?"

A: "That's not the point"

Comment

Working...
      X