• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear - wages go up and signing bonuses.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

You want other people to pay so you can sit on your arse - that is called communism
    Well technically speaking (and I speak as someone born and raised in a Communist country)- that's what they think Comunism is.
    In practice, if you were not in work or school, the Police would literally pick you up from the street and take you to the nearest factory, whether you liked it or not.
    The people who think Communism is sitting on your ass doing nothing would be in for a rude awakening.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Much of the "inheritance" for people I know is from the increase in value of property.
      That wealth has not been taxed already, and if you're vet's age, or older, it was bought on a mortgage with MIRAS, so there was less tax paid.
      now we just give first time buyers cash so house prices go up and those nice housebuilders get more.

I did appreciate the whole £17 a month I got off my mortgage.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

now we just give first time buyers cash so house prices go up and those nice housebuilders get more.

I did appreciate the whole £17 a month I got off my mortgage.
        Here in the Netherlands, I get the interest on my mortgage back with my tax return.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Much of the "inheritance" for people I know is from the increase in value of property.
          That wealth has not been taxed already, and if you're vet's age, or older, it was bought on a mortgage with MIRAS, so there was less tax paid.
          MIRAS hardly touched the interest rate, back then. Remember the 7-10% days and even up to 15%? I remember the Halifax affordability test being carried out with 10% interest.
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
          X