• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Afghanistan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have I not been paying attention, or have they basically taken the entire country in about a week? Literally every time I check the news new cities have been taken and now there's only Kabul clinging on by a thread.

They must have been specifically planning this, how could intelligence not have picked up on it? Even Hitler barely took over countries this quickly.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

"Biden used a question-and-answer session in the White House East Room a little more than a month ago to downplay the prospect the Afghan government could collapse and the Taliban could take over, saying that outcome was not inevitable. He insisted there would be "no circumstance" in which American personnel were evacuated from the roof of their embassy, rejecting any comparison to the fall of Saigon."

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/15/p...tan/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Have I not been paying attention, or have they basically taken the entire country in about a week? Literally every time I check the news new cities have been taken and now there's only Kabul clinging on by a thread.

They must have been specifically planning this, how could intelligence not have picked up on it? Even Hitler barely took over countries this quickly.
        Biden told them the date they were going to be out on so they were then able to plan around that. They just amassed a bunch of people outside each city in preparation. He was warned that this would happen and he just flat out did not believe it.

When he said last night he was sending 5k troops to Kabul the Taliban obviously got worried they might be shoring the city up so they went in a few hours later. He just keeps telling them what they need to know.

Biden is not able to do the job, he is clearly cognitively impaired and now a danger to world safety. I sadly expect there to be terrorist attacks in the US soon as they think they can get the better of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          “This is manifestly not Saigon,” Blinken told ABC’s This Week. “We went into Afghanistan 20 years ago with one mission in mind, and that was to deal with the people who attacked us on 9/11, and that mission has been successful.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...08aeaec2f1ffb0

Comment

They left Bagram airbase a few weeks ago which was madness, they could have sat there indefinitely and then done a midnight flit.

i just can't fathom how utterly messed up this all is.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Biden told them the date they were going to be out on so they were then able to plan around that. They just amassed a bunch of people outside each city in preparation. He was warned that this would happen and he just flat out did not believe it.

When he said last night he was sending 5k troops to Kabul the Taliban obviously got worried they might be shoring the city up so they went in a few hours later. He just keeps telling them what they need to know.

Biden is not able to do the job, he is clearly cognitively impaired and now a danger to world safety. I sadly expect there to be terrorist attacks in the US soon as they think they can get the better of the country.
              You do realise that this is a Trump policy that Biden is merely following through on?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

You do realise that this is a Trump policy that Biden is merely following through on?
                Biden reversed many of Trumps other policies.

Why didn't he reverse this? Or delay it. His hands weren't tied in any way.

This is now all on Biden.

Comment

Trump would have been bombing them back to the stone age as soon as they started all this. His bravado wouldn't let him accept the shame. Biden seems to have no regrets.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Trump would have been bombing them back to the stone age as soon as they started all this. His bravado wouldn't let him accept the shame. Biden seems to have no regrets.
                    The Taliban wouldn't have even tried this under Trump.
                    Trump was too unpredictable.
                    Biden comes over as old and weak.
                    Borderline senile, gives the impression that he doesn't even know which day of the week it is. Why would the Taliban fear him?

Comment

It's going to cost waaaay more money and lives to take it back (which will happen after the next attack or 2 on western targets) then it would have to just have supported the afghan military/government. Just so stupid.

Bidens first foreign policy test and giant ******* failure.

Comment

Working...
                      X