• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Woman goes to extraordinary lengths to prove she is not overweight.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I'm fatter than I thought. Their size 14 leggings fit perfectly
    Last three things I bought there were socks - and they weren't for me...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Dunno whose fault it is, women with wishful thinking about what sizes fit them or stores trying to flatter them, but the customer enquiry counters in every supermarket I visit are always busy with queues of people, nearly all women, taking clothes back presumably because they don't fit. This is annoying because these counters usually double as the cigarette counter!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Dunno whose fault it is, women with wishful thinking about what sizes fit them or stores trying to flatter them, but the customer enquiry counters in every supermarket I visit are always busy with queues of people, nearly all women, taking clothes back presumably because they don't fit. This is annoying because these counters usually double as the cigarette counter!
        Men's and children's clothes also vary in size between stores. As women tend to be the person/people in a household who buy most of the clothes it is often them taking them back.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Or... people buy stuff, take it home, try it on then bring it back. I don't remember seeing many changing rooms in supermarkets (but Waitrose doesn't sell clothes so I could be wrong). I much prefer to try on at home rather than in the shop as I'm invariably wearing something that's a pain to remove or simply doesn't work with whatever I'm trying on.

If you don't know the cut of the clothes, and supermarket sizing is more random than most clothing, then this is inevitably going to happen.

Comment

I'm a man I don't try anything on, I very rarely take anything back because of size. They almost always fit.

I have taken one set of trousers based on style.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
            X