• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract newbie: Please help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract newbie: Please help!

Hi all

Recently, I have been accepted for a 4 month outside of ir35 contract with public sector role. I am extremely nervous as it's my first time doing contract work. I would like to ask is it better to go LTD or through the Umberella?

is it difficult to set up?

My pay rate will be £270 a day. Thanks

Read the links to the right, particularly the First timers guides.
    Read all the other guides
    Read the Welcome/FAQ section of the forum
    Read the thread titled 'Searching the forums'
    Read the tag line under the General heading
    Read all the areas of the forums to get an idea where to post what (and where not to post)

Then when you've done a bit of your own research come back with a question we've a hope of answering. We can't teach you everything you need to know. You need to go find out and then ask us specific questions.

For four months you might be better off brolly depending on what else you've done tax year. There used to be a rule of thumb that anything under 30k was probably best brolly. Depends what you think you'll do after the four months.

Looking at just the level of research and question you asked I'd say brolly. Yes LTD migth be a bit difficult if you don't want to put any work in.

What are you doing for 270 a day? Low rates don't tend to be outside type gigs. That said if the client has done an SDS and is willing to take the rest then it's irrelevant really I guess.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 21 July 2021, 00:25.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jkd28 View Post
      I would like to ask is it better to go LTD or through the Umberella?
      is it difficult to set up?
      My pay rate will be £270 a day. Thanks

Do you want to contract for the longer term, if so do you think most of your future contracts will also be outside?
      Then go LTD.

Are you going to incur high expenses in this contract (like travel or accommodation)?
      Then you also might want to go LTD.

Otherwise its not clear (at least to me) which would be the better choice without more information.

Comment

Working...
      X