• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone got A/C?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    My accountant said we do have A/C payables
    If he runs it off a battery he would have AC/DC
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Layout of our old house means our bedroom gets full sun during the summer... rest of the house is always cool but neither of us can sleep when it's stifling.
      Proper portable A/C units cost half a monkey and I wouldn't want to install a permanent unit ideally. Then there's these water-cooling things (https://www.toolstation.com/air-cool...control/p78965) but I'm dubious especially at the idea of having to load them with ice every night.

For the lower-tier contractors who don't have a butler to fan them all night, have you used any of these things?
      when I lived in the states I had proper air con houses, big air con units in each room, like a bigger version of a storage heater here

though they are always too noisy for me, so I would switch it off in the room I was in and switch it back on as I left the room, and move around the rooms often enough to be kept cool, at night I would sometimes swap bedrooms for same reason

Comment

Working...
      X