• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You must be jabbed..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You must be jabbed..

to work in a care home.

Wonder when the NHS will follow...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...aff-in-england

Covid vaccinations are to become mandatory for care home staff under plans to be announced by ministers, as they consider extending the move to all NHS staff.

The controversial measure sets up a likely battle with staff in both services and could see the government sued under European human rights law or equalities legislation for breaching the freedom of people who work in caring roles to decide what they put into their bodies.

The Guardian understands that ministers will confirm they are pushing ahead with compulsory vaccination for most of the 1.5 million people working in social care in England, despite employer and staff organisations in the sector warning that it could backfire and see workers quit rather than get immunised. Under the plans those working with adults will have 16 weeks to get vaccinated or face losing their jobs.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

But I don't want to work in a care home. 2nd jab day after tomorrow evening.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Isn't there already precedent that people in some jobs are required to have certain vaccinations, I thought I heard one of the Hep-jabs mentioned?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Isn't there already precedent that people in some jobs are required to have certain vaccinations, I thought I heard one of the Hep-jabs mentioned?
        Yep all doctors and nurses must have hep B plus childhood immunisations.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

A better way to it is to require everybody to have both jabs or else they will have to work in a care home (hard work!)

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Yep all doctors and nurses must have hep B plus childhood immunisations.
            Thanks. Given that precedent, is there a legal argument against requiring it for care home workers really?

Comment

Seems like a unique opportunity for care homes to get rid of the dumbest staff members. If you don't understand basic science, maybe it's best if you give up the medical job and go work for a crystal healer or something.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
                Seems like a unique opportunity for care homes to get rid of the dumbest staff members. If you don't understand basic science, maybe it's best if you give up the medical job and go work for a crystal healer or something.
                Why does someone changing a bed pan need to know science? Most care home workers are carers not medical workers.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
                  "dumbest staff members" are those the ones who cared for covid patients the NHS dropped on them with no protection all last year?

They were guaranteed to be in contact with the virus whilst we were all at home watching Netflix.

After all that they are going to be sacked from their low paid job if they refuse a jab to protect them from a virus they have been exposed to for over a year.

This country is a fu###g disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post

"dumbest staff members" are those the ones who cared for covid patients the NHS dropped on them with no protection all last year?

They were guaranteed to be in contact with the virus whilst we were all at home watching Netflix.

After all that they are going to be sacked from their low paid job if they refuse a jab to protect them from a virus they have been exposed to for over a year.

This country is a fu###g disgrace.
                    Lots of care homes had zero cases. I'm sure in many homes, workers were the vector of infection not hospitals (though no idea how you'd gather data).
                    Why are they refusing to be vaccinated in the first place? Not very caring to the old farts.

Comment

Working...
                    X