• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oi fatboy get on the scale - Its a wail link for those w1nkers who don't like it!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oi fatboy get on the scale - Its a wail link for those w1nkers who don't like it!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...FAA-rules.html

Airlines could start forcing passengers to step on the scale before flights after FAA imposes new weight rules for planes
    • New regulations mean airlines must establish a method of determining passenger weight
    • It's an implicit acknowledgement that the average American is getting heavier
    • Depending on the airline, takeoff location and plane size, it could result in some passengers getting bumped from flights or baggage left behind
    • Airlines must submit their plans to the FAA for approval by June 12
    • Some have already done so, and come up with updated passenger weight estimates
    • Everything from clothing to carried items must be taken into account
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Wouldn't it be simpler for them just to pay for two seats, like MF?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Wouldn't it be simpler for them just to pay for two seats, like MF?
      I'm sure that is where it is headed you pay for one of the seats closed by covid.

Comment

I'm sure Ryanair will start to charge passengers by weight soon. You'll get a free allowance of say 70kg free, then have to pay an extra quid per kilo.

I've been on two flights where all the passengers were weighed (in New Zealand and Costa Rica) where the planes were around 15-20 seaters.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
          I'm sure Ryanair will start to charge passengers by weight soon. You'll get a free allowance of say 70kg free, then have to pay an extra quid per kilo.
          I'd be happy with this, but do it as combined weight of person + their carry-on baggage. This would mean people can stand on the scales without anyone knowing their weight

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post

I've been on two flights where all the passengers were weighed (in New Zealand and Costa Rica) where the planes were around 15-20 seaters.
            that is legal requirement for smaller planes, they have to adjust the centre of gravity for the cargo load and correct in accordance to passenger weight.

I think obesity should be treated differently as a society, there are too many people that prolong it too far. maybe we should have a more through discussion about the foods on the supermarket shelves. but that is a rabbit hole not many people would want to get into

Comment

Daily Mail

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                Daily Mail
                https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...e-1439153.html

Comment

Been happening in LATAM for years...

Click image for larger version

Name:	max-capacity-3-americans.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	4167306
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                  X