• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OK who was this part 3

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Similar happened to a friend of mine, he lost an eye. The actual cause is disc brakes on a bicycle. If you brake hard on the front wheel; over you go.
    It is safer to have disc brakes on the rear and rim brakes on the front.
    That raises the obvious question of why anyone would be stupid enough to have disk brakes on the front wheel
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

That raises the obvious question of why anyone would be stupid enough to have disk brakes on the front wheel
      Disc brakes front and back is perfectly safe, many would argue safer as disc brakes work in all weather's but rim brakes are worse in the wet. As with all tools, it's how they are use - slam the front on and you'll go over the bars, but then that might be preamble to hitting a tree or car

I have disc brakes on my main bike, rim on my other 2 .... for me it's disc every time.

Also worth pointing out that bike frames are made for either disc or rim, not both, so not easy to have a mix of wheels without fettling.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Eighteen months ago I got a loose strap caught in my front wheel and went over the handlebars into the pavement at 25mph. Spent a week in hospital with a bleed on the brain. Not the funniest. The week before I'd ummed and ahhed about buying an expensive cycle helmet which although it was cracked right through, saved my life.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
        X