• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All Your Data Belongs To Us

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    There's no way you can trace this data back to an individual.
    Bless.

The data will be anonymised and given “codes” that can be used to reveal the identity of the data’s owners if there is a “valid legal reason”.
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/...arties-england

Comment

It’s not aggregated at all and unique identifier is assigned, presumably to enable continuous updates going forward (otherwise database will become stale)

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        Your GP also has your data which he will release if there is a valid legal reason.

The police can search your house if they have a valid legal reason.

You can be arrested and incarcerated if there is a valid legal reason.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Your GP also has your data which he will release if there is a valid legal reason.

The police can search your house if they have a valid legal reason.

You can be arrested and incarcerated if there is a valid legal reason.
          You are becoming a strong candidate for CUK COTY 2021 Awards

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            It’s not aggregated at all and unique identifier is assigned, presumably to enable continuous updates going forward (otherwise database will become stale)
            For those researching the data it will be anonymised.

If there is a valid legal reason to access your personal data they will get it from your GP.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

The data they use is anonymous. All you're doing by excluding your data is holding up medical research.

I used to work for a major Internet company and the privacy laws in this sector are taken very seriously. There's no way you can trace this data back to an individual.
              The data is pseudonymised rather than anonymous, as personal identifiable data (PID) is removed before being shared, however if you are the only one legged cancer patient in a post code it can be reasonably inferred that your medical data could be linked back to you.
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

There's no way you can trace this data back to an individual.
                You can't keep your story straight, cretin.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

You can't keep your story straight, cretin.
                  It's anonymised unless a judge decides otherwise but there are plenty of anti-vax cretins who think it's a conspiracy theory.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

For those researching the data it will be anonymised.

If there is a valid legal reason to access your personal data they will get it from your GP.
                    The key difference here is that in case of that database they will be getting your name (if say some search criteria identifies you as part of the group of people for whatever need), but with GP they already know you and have actual legal reason (like court proceedings) to request medical info.

There is no need for 100% coverage for medical research - even 10% should have been enough, but they want it all with persistent ID that can be deanonymised
                    Last edited by AtW; 31 May 2021, 13:08.

Comment

It's anonymised unless a judge decides otherwise but there are plenty of anti-vax cretins who think it's a conspiracy theory.
                      Will DOB and postcode be in database?

Gender obviously will be

Comment

Working...
                      X