• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freedom Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

I wouldn't worry too much about that. Covid will probably still be with us 5 years from now but with potentially stronger mutations. There isn't a strong incentive to stop it as you see. More to patch an attempt...
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00396-2

The coronavirus is here to stay — here’s what that means

A Nature survey shows many scientists expect the virus that causes COVID-19 to become endemic, but it could pose less danger over time.

In January, Nature asked more than 100 immunologists, infectious-disease researchers and virologists working on the coronavirus whether it could be eradicated. Almost 90% of respondents think that the coronavirus will become endemic — meaning that it will continue to circulate in pockets of the global population for years to come

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
      How does South African variant and Indian variant both presumably more transmissible and dangerous play along with that logic?

Comment

Originally posted by Great Britten View Post
        It won't be when I am quaffing endless glasses of Croft Original in the BA lounge at Heathrow.
        Inneresting.

Originally posted by The Castle Cary Fairy View Post
        Last year, after having enjoyed a surfeit of Croft Original in the evening sunshine
        Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
        To be honest, I was kind of on autopilot as I didn't sleep last night & I was feeling the 5 glasses of Croft Original.
        Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
        As you al know, I personally don't indulge in the amber nectar myself (except a small glass of Croft Original on special occasions)
        Originally posted by wurzel View Post
        I think I may have overdone the Croft Original last night

Comment

Originally posted by ravenshaw View Post

Inneresting.

Glad to see I've taken up yet more of your time, Greenfly

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

How does South African variant and Indian variant both presumably more transmissible and dangerous play along with that logic?
            I assume as the virus evolves it comes into contact with more people, and individuals develop immunity/or not. I thought a variant got it's name because of where it was first detected.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...2Fvariant.html

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post

Then we will progress to like "Logan's Run"

Get to 30 and you are recycled .

I'd rather be recycled at 30 than live to 150

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...arch-suggests/

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I'd rather be recycled at 30 than live to 150

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...arch-suggests/
                Oh I don't know, who wouldn't enjoy terrifying the great, great, great grandchildren.

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

Oh I don't know, who wouldn't enjoy terrifying the great, great, great grandchildren.
                  Is he turning into a tree?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

OY! Mods, when will this forum be freed from Gricer menace?

I find most of his posts quite interesting, and I think we should live and let live. It isn't as if he is trolling
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X