• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Instagram lets users hide likes to reduce social media pressure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instagram lets users hide likes to reduce social media pressure

"Instagram is offering its users the option to hide the number of likes they receive on posts on the app.

The aim is to “depressurize people’s experience” on the platform, the social media giant said.

Users with the feature enabled will now see the username of a follower who has liked the post, “and others”, instead of a number.

The tool has been tested in several countries since 2019, but it is now being rolled out globally.

“This has taken longer than I had hoped, but I am pretty excited about… giving people more control over the experience,” Instagram's boss Adam Mosseri told the BBC."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57254488

They copied it from old CUK board

Oh my goodness that's really a bit sad. So people create content because they want it to be liked and then get upset when no-one likes it? Maybe they just need to reconsider what tat they're posting

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Oh my goodness that's really a bit sad. So people create content because they want it to be liked and then get upset when no-one likes it? Maybe they just need to reconsider what tat they're posting
      So mean when you could have just liked it

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I can't quite work out if it would it be ironic to like this post, or to not to?

I went for the latter in order to depressurise LM's CUK experience
        Last edited by Paralytic; 26 May 2021, 15:53.

Comment

Working...
        X