• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More great news!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More great news!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57199171

The UK's billionaires saw a sharp increase in their wealth during the pandemic, according to the latest Sunday Times Rich List.

Their wealth increased by 21.7% over the past year, rising by £106.5bn to £597.2bn, and there are now a record 171 billionaires in the UK.
    Trickle down economics means we are all much better off
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

It isn't only the UK's billionaires who've seen their wealth increase over the last year, however there's a lot of losers in the UK so I get the point.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      It isn't only the UK's billionaires who've seen their wealth increase over the last year, however there's a lot of losers in the UK so I get the point.
      Everybody’s wealth gone up, on average…

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

If by wealth you mean earnings then that isn't true.

The average is distorted by the small proportion of very high earners. Median earnings are a much better indicator and in real terms, have hardly changed over the last 20 years in the UK. Since 1999 median gross annual earnings have increased from £14,888 to £25,780, an increase of 73% (Source: ONS)

Inflation has risen by 77% in the same period. So median earnings have actually FALLEN 4% in real terms. (Source: Bank of England Inflation Calculator)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

On average my dog and I have 3 legs each.

Comment

Working...
          X