• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The most annoying timesheet system. Ever

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most annoying timesheet system. Ever

One of the big Indian agencies.
    You have to log in. Great.
    Put you UN, click next.
    It wants you to choose 'pin code' or 'password'.
    PIN wants you to install something on your smartphone.
    Password opens a popup with a progress bar and you have to wait 5 min (kid you not) before you can input the password.

Just needed to share.

sounds like multiple sources of issues so that in case they decide not to pay you and out of "coincidence" the logging system does not work you will have a less of a leg to stand on in court.
    "it was actually your fault for not being able to submit your timesheet on time / not being able to log in portal hence no pay"

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
      sounds like multiple sources of issues so that in case they decide not to pay you and out of "coincidence" the logging system does not work you will have a less of a leg to stand on in court.
      "it was actually your fault for not being able to submit your timesheet on time / not being able to log in portal hence no pay"
      Not submitting a timesheet is not a reason to not pay. I took an end-client and agency to court over a similar issue. The Judge said "If is done the work, you must pay up." I also go costs and the costs for GF who I employed for the day to represent my Ltd Co.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I'm probably with the same big Indian agency. The online timesheet system is excruciating and is near impossible to use unless you only input standard 8 hours. Weekends, overtime hours, random holiday dates that don't apply to your country, forget about it. Oh, and you must remember to input your daily hours each day as they 'freeze the day' occasionally at midnight IST so keep an eye on that timezone as they can't unfreeze days. Not near a computer? Then use their handy phone app that requires you to install an unsigned apk. Marvellous.

Comment

My contract once got novated to a large Indian outsourcing company who my client had decided would be good to bring in and outsource entire teams to, thus causing the departure of much of the team, the slowing down of all work and a huge extra cost to themselves (I didn't really care, I did exactly the same work with the same team and got paid the same).

This sounds like their shonky timesheet system, which was much like the rest of the dire internal systems they had, which were all very similar to the quality of the garbage they wrote for their foolish clients.

They had their own account manager, who insisted that we all had to record every hour's effort in their system under the relevant category. First time I did it, it took me 20-30 mins to go through all the hoops to get set up and the system ran like a dog. That was the last time I did it. I just ignored the manager's emails encouraging me to fill them in, I got paid anyway (none of the departments talk to each other in these companies) and the account manager was replaced within a couple of months anyway.

Bottom line - will not doing something you've been asked to do affect your income? If not, don't bother doing it.

Comment

Working...
          X