• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Jeans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: Jeans

RIP skinnies. What’s next for jeans?

With denim returning to our wardrobes, the jury is out as to which cut of jeans will win out. Make the ‘anything goes’ moment work for you by looking to vintage inspiration for these 10 styles

In fashion, one thing’s for sure – the era of sweatpants is over, and denim is back. It’s also pretty clear that skinny jeans, the style that has refused to die for 20 years, are finally, waning from fashion’s pole position, thanks to gen Z relentlessly roasting milllenials over their trouser choice. And that is where the certainties end.

With the Levi’s CEO declaring this the beginning of a “new denim cycle”, fashion experts are uncharacteristically quiet on declaring what will be declared the jean of the future – or even of now. They’re hedging their bets. Everything from the straight leg to the bootcut and the lowrise has been mooted. There could be an upside to this indecision. It means you can have another look at your jeans collection – not the ones you wear on repeat, the other ones, the neglected styles – and reassess how to wear them."

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/...next-for-jeans

That was so two months ago...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'll stick with skinny jeans thanks. They show off my cycling legs really nicely
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        I'll stick with skinny jeans thanks. They show off my cycling legs really nicely
        ​​​​​​You can actually get your cycling thighs in skinny jeans?

I think you need to do more training...
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The only jeans for AtW.

Click image for larger version

Name:	101853030_180587053481968_3044194736899358720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=973b4a&_nc_ohc=txJ2dMe_2bUAX9XLzA0&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=022050edfb798e1eb91bfc3cff1e4db8&oe=60B161BC.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	213.2 KB
ID:	4160564

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

​​​​​​You can actually get your cycling thighs in skinny jeans?

I think you need to do more training...
            Stretch denim ... and not just for the thighs
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Stretch denim ... and not just for the thighs
              Click image for larger version

Name:	207e6q.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	4160746
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
              X