• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London Mayor Elections 2021 - Official Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London Mayor Elections 2021 - Official Thread

Got my leaflet through the door with 20 candidates!

Candidates & Parties include:
    Burning Pink (standing to get rid of the mayor position)
    Piers Corbyn - Let London Live
    Laurence Fox - Reclaim (end lockdown)
    Animal Welfare Party
    Women's Equality Party
    Rejoin EU
    SDP (are they still something?)
    UKIP (are they still something?)
    Max Fosh ( a you tuber!)
    Shaun Bailey - Tory - never heard of him
    Sadiq 'lets build lots of cycle lanes' Khan
    and many more...

Are there any entry requirements these days to be mayor ???

Where is Ken Livingstone - thought he would pop up??

Any suggestions or insights for my vote welcome given too many candidates to research.

NB - I can make this an official thread as I think ATW is banned for a day

Definitely this bloke.

Ex public schoolboy, always pictured with both thumbs up. If only we had more leaders like this, Britain would be great again...
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

One last chance to vote for Corbyn...?

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

To get your name on the ballot paper is really easy:
        • a total of 66 signatures of people on the electoral register in London supporting the nomination, consisting of 2 from each London borough and 2 from the City of London
        • a signed and witnessed consent to nomination form
        • a deposit of £10,000, which is returned if the candidate gets more than five per cent of first choice votes cast in the election for Mayor
        To get on the Constituency Assembly ballot is even easier (and I almost considered it for a laugh but missed the deadline by 30 mins):
        • a completed nomination and nomination consent form which must be obtained from the CRO responsible for the constituency where the candidate wants to stand
        • a deposit of £1,000 which is returned if the candidate gets more than five per cent of votes cast in that constituency
        The London-wide Assembly ballot requires £5k deposit, returned if the party/independent candidate gets more than 2.5% of the vote.

If there were 66 CUK'ers across the London boroughs who'd support a mayoral bid then perhaps we ought to get organised for the next one

Comment

Wow yeah pretty easy to get on the ballot paper. Lucky to live in such a great democracy.
          Great shout LM.
          That sounds like a plan.
          Will you be the party leader for the Contractor Party?

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
            Wow yeah pretty easy to get on the ballot paper. Lucky to live in such a great democracy.
            Great shout LM.
            That sounds like a plan.
            Will you be the party leader for the SHOW ME THE MONEY Party?
            FTFY

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
              Great shout LM.
              That sounds like a plan.
              Will you be the party leader for the Contractor Party?
              I'm not sure I'm corrupt enough. I pay my taxes so would be a poor representative.

Comment

Populist Mayor needed. Climate Change, BLM, London to rejoin EU. Sorted.
                First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I've just received my booklet. My goodness it's a choice between a rock and a hard place! They're all a bunch of eejits. I'd love to know where Shaun Bailey's money tree lives.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I've just received my booklet. My goodness it's a choice between a rock and a hard place! They're all a bunch of eejits. I'd love to know where Shaun Bailey's money tree lives.
                    ha - it is a real book of characters and random londoners

Comment

Working...
                    X