• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Planetary DOOM: Earth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planetary DOOM: Earth

Asteroid is running a wee bit late...

“Nasa has given Earth the all clear on the chances of an asteroid called Apophis hitting our planet any time in the next century, having worried space scientists for over 15 years.

The 340-metre (1,100ft) chunk of space rock hit the headlines in 2004 after its discovery led to some worrying forecasts about its orbit. It became a “poster child for hazardous asteroids”, according to one Nasa expert.

It was supposed to come frighteningly close in 2029 and again in 2036. Nasa ruled out any chance of a strike during those two close approaches a while ago, but a potential 2068 collision still loomed.

But new telescope observations mean that collision has been ruled out and Apophis has been officially taken off the US space agency’s asteroid “risk list”

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...ears-nasa-says

“Apophis will come within 32,000km (20,000 miles) of Earth on Friday 13 April 2029, enabling astronomers to get a good look. That is about one-tenth of the distance to the moon and closer than the communication satellites that encircle the Earth at 36,000km.”

Coincidence?

I don’t think so

Comment

Because asteroids keep track of Earth calendars and time their arrival to align to (in)auspicious dates across all.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Because asteroids keep track of Earth calendars and time their arrival to align to (in)auspicious dates across all.
        It’s the nearest Friday 13th to Hitlers birthday

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

It’s the nearest Friday 13th to Hitlers birthday
          He's dead. I don't think he'll be celebrating any more birthdays.

Comment

Vetran probably still celebrates them though.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Yes, in 1958 the Occult Wars finally come to an end with the death of Adolf Hitler

Comment

2068 you say. I will be approx 120 year old

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                  2068 you say. I will be approx a 120 year old corpse.
                  FTFY
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

Vetran probably still celebrates them though.
                    That's a bit mean.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X