• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coproration Tax To Rise to 25%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    If it's tapered rather than stepped it will be linear, nobody has the nous to understand anything else.
    If it's anything like previous corp tax taper it will raise pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      A small hair salon? A sandwich shop or pub? Someone running a B&B?
      Really not hard when you look outside your own bubble. Many businesses make very little profit especially if they pay salaries rather than just use dividends.
      For that matter, many contractors have profits under £50k once salary and pension and everything is worked out.
      Hardly. How many of those you've listed are going to be incorporated?

Comment

Originally posted by Great Parks View Post

There are people in entertainment who work behind the scenes in lighting, camera operation, sound, costumes, etc who are incorporated. They easily make under 50K.

There are also tradesmen who are incorporated. Some of them will make under 50K profit.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Great Parks View Post

My local hairdresser salon owner is incorporated. The stylists themselves may not be - not sure if they're working on a 'rent a chair' basis or employed.

Comment

When the Govt announced self employed Coronavirus support it was restricted to profits of upto £50K per annum. Strange the number is the same even though the business model is different, self employed don't pay Corp Tax... somebody somewhere in the civil service has a 50K magic number somewhere?
            This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
              somebody somewhere in the civil service has a 50K magic number somewhere?
              Most likely a focus group confirmed amount that most people think is the "rich mark", plus 40% tax kicks in there, HMG does not want to help people who can afford to pay so much tax in the first place.

Comment

Well, in this case this is profits, which would be after PAYE costs and pension, but yes you could be right on the what people perceive as being well off.

I predict some large pension payments will be made from 2023 onwards to offset profits to keep the corp tax liability to the minimum.
                This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

I predict some large pension payments will be made from 2023 onwards
                  Not after that Autumn's Budget of DOOM...

Comment

I predict some large pension payments will be made from 2023 onwards to offset profits to keep the corp tax liability to the minimum.
                    Why are contractors not doing this already? Money left in the company bank account is earning diddly squat interest, much better to put it into a pension - you will get a better return, and you save corp tax.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

if you want to pay less tax
                      work only 8-9 months a year

Comment

Working...
                      X