• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vaccine, Vaccine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vaccine, Vaccine

There has been a few songs about Covid and this is the latest from Dolly Parton.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56261397

Country star Dolly Parton has been given a Covid-19 vaccine dose, after urging others to follow her example by reimagining one of her hit songs.

Parton, 75, sang an adapted version of Jolene before receiving the shot at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee on Tuesday.

"Vaccine, vaccine, vaccine, vaccine, I'm begging of you, please don't hesitate," Parton sang in a video.

She was injected with a vaccine developed by Moderna.

Parton was credited with helping fund the Moderna vaccine after donating $1m (£716,000) to Vanderbilt University Medical Centre.

A portion of the singer's money went towards funding an early stage-trial of the Moderna vaccine. In trials, the Moderna vaccine was found to offer nearly 95% protection against severe Covid-19.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

I love Dolly Parton!

Comment

You are one of the few who will openly admit it.

Comment

I heard that on the radio this morning. "Don't be a chicken sqwab" or some such was her other plea.

So if I get the Moderna vaccine, do I get big boobs and a tendency to hum country songs instead of Flight Sim over 5G?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

So if I get the Moderna vaccine, do I get big boobs and a tendency to hum country songs instead of Flight Sim over 5G?

I'm just thinking of everyone going in now and asking for the "Dolly Vaccine."

Comment

Working...
          X