• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just had a thought

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a thought

Could Prince Philip's current ailment be an adverse reaction to the Covid jab, and officials are reluctant to publicise that for fear of encouraging anti-vax sentiment?

(Not hinting that any anti-vax notion is sensible, because I think anti-vaxers are barking mad and on the balance of risks it's far better for anyone, especially old timers, to have the jab vs not. But even though the old boy is 99 and could therefore conk out at any moment, the timing of his present indisposition does seem more than a coincidence)
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 27 February 2021, 15:31.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Could Prince Philip's current ailment be an adverse reaction to the Covid jab, and officials are reluctant to publicise that for fear of encouraging anti-vax sentiment?

(Not hinting that any anti-vax notion is sensible, because I think anti-vaxers are barking mad and on the balance of risks it's far better for anyone, especially old timers, to have the jab vs not. But even though the old boy is 99 and could therefore conk out at any moment, the timing of his present indisposition does seem more than a coincidence)
    One thing I can tell you is that my mother's friend (about 80) got the Covid jab in Jan. She now has Covid....but is expected to live.

Comment

Could Prince Philip's current ailment be an adverse reaction to the Covid jab
      No, because they certainly had it 6+ months ago

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

No, because they certainly had it 6+ months ago ..
        and I'm equally certain they didn't, not least because it had hardly been tested back then.

I'm certain they (HMQ & hubby, and others in the royal household) had it only a couple of weeks ago when this was publicised.

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

and I'm equally certain they didn't, not least because it had hardly been tested back then.

Comment

Yes, you can also track Prince Philip if you have a 5G phone.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I'm not sure how you work that out.
              At age 99 he has a 1/3 chance of dying. So to become hospitalised is more likely than not.

Source: Actuarial Life Table (ssa.gov)
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

He has form for being taken in as a precautionary measure. He may have ailments that have never been made public and that's what's affecting him now.

It is also possible that he had an adverse reaction to the vaccine.

There is no way to know unless you can trick the hospital into giving out information...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  There is no way to know unless you can trick the hospital into giving out information...
                  We can always ask NLUK's accountant...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    He has form for being taken in as a precautionary measure. He may have ailments that have never been made public and that's what's affecting him now.
                    Because he'd have some serious explaining to do... (Urinary tract infection, indeed ​​​​​​​)
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X