• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BOEING

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOEING

Bits Of Engine In Neighbour's' Gardens

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56141673
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

This'll be an airline maintenance fault, I expect, but it certainly doesn't help the brand

Comment

Au contraire - it helps the brand: even with burning engine the plane was landed using the other one, and the whole thing did not explode mid air despite having tons of fuel on board.

If it ain't Boeing I am not going...

Comment

A very similar incident happened in The Netherlands yesterday as well, two people injured. https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/l...eople-injured/

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          This'll be an airline maintenance fault, I expect, but it certainly doesn't help the brand
          Or a bird strike, a flock of geese maybe.

Or a drone?!

But that huge circular engine cowling ring that landed in someone's back garden will make a great enclosure for a raised flower bed, or even an fishpond or swimming pool, unless the spoil sports at Boeing want it back for analysis!
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Only piece of good news for Rolls-Royce recently as this plane had a Pratt and Whitney engine.
            Unusual though as Boeing normally have problems with the French/American built CFM engines.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
            X