• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bitcoin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'I tried to use crypto profits to buy a £1m house but my lawyer blocked me'

Home-buyers using profits from cryptocurrencies are being rejected by solicitors and lenders

Cryptocurrency millionaires are being blocked from spending their huge profits on property as solicitors and lenders struggle to deal with a new breed of homebuyer.

Traders in digital currencies, which have soared in value, have been shunned by legal professionals wary of their crypto profits. Some have been forced to hire forensic accountants to prove they pass strict anti-money laundering regulations.

Mortgage brokers have reported a growing trend of homebuyers looking to finance property purchases with cryptocurrency. Dramatic price rises have turned everyday traders into millionaires eager to spend their profits.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/investin...awyer-blocked/

5% turns into 50% and totally taints the remaining 50%

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post

if your investments turn bad and you lose all your money
      Remember folks:
      YODO
      I lose 5%, and still have 95% in low risk, global dividend paying stocks, rent yielding BTL, corporate bonds, etc.

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
        I lose 5%, and still have 95% in low risk, global dividend paying stocks, rent yielding BTL, corporate bonds, etc.
        And when you lose 5%, you won’t put a penny more into this obvious fraud?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

And when you lose 5%, you won’t put a penny more into this obvious fraud?
          I might buy the dip, of course.

Comment

'I tried to use crypto profits to buy a £1m house but my lawyer blocked me'

Home-buyers using profits from cryptocurrencies are being rejected by solicitors and lenders

Cryptocurrency millionaires are being blocked from spending their huge profits on property as solicitors and lenders struggle to deal with a new breed of homebuyer.

Traders in digital currencies, which have soared in value, have been shunned by legal professionals wary of their crypto profits. Some have been forced to hire forensic accountants to prove they pass strict anti-money laundering regulations.

Mortgage brokers have reported a growing trend of homebuyers looking to finance property purchases with cryptocurrency. Dramatic price rises have turned everyday traders into millionaires eager to spend their profits.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/investin...awyer-blocked/

5% turns into 50% and totally taints the remaining 50%

That doesn't make sense, why would you need a lender to buy a £1m house if you are a crypto millionaire?

If the crypto profits are for the deposit, then you sell it beforehand and you don't say "I got it from crypto mate, know what I mean?"

People are so dumb. What it the source of the deposit "It's mixture of earnings saved, money I made over the years from investments, some from the sale of a previous property and the rest was an inheritance"

Comment

That doesn't make sense, why would you need a lender to buy a £1m house if you are a crypto millionaire?
              Because you'd be paying off mortgage of a mug who earned his money legitimately?

What a shocker that banks don't want to accept ransoms paid by the Irish and Americans - they'd much rather keep money loaned against £1 mln house and collect monthly payments, thankyouverymuch.

Last edited by AtW; 16 May 2021, 16:31.

Comment

People are so dumb. What it the source of the deposit "It's mixture of earnings saved, money I made over the years from investments, some from the sale of a previous property and the rest was an inheritance"
                "What a fascinating story, Sir, now please provide full documentary evidence to all of the above, certified by Linklaters"

Comment

"What a fascinating story, Sir, now please provide full documentary evidence to all of the above, certified by Linklaters"
                  Or

I am a crypto millionaire, stick your shiity mortgage up your arse, I will pay cash (FIAT $100 bills), with non consecutive serial numbers.

Comment

Or I am a crypto millionaire, stick your shiity mortgage up your arse, I will pay cash (FIAT $100 bills), with non consecutive serial numbers.
                    Yeah, great plan - now find a lawyer who'd risk their firm for a couple of grand they make from that transaction: it seems that liability for anything related to money laundering will fall upon them.

Basically the simple truth is that 95% of your "fiat" is now also tainted - have a nice poor life when nobody wants to take your money.

P.S. Their non consecutive serial numbers were accurately associated with you and stored by bank for the next 20 years
                    Last edited by AtW; 17 May 2021, 10:56.

Comment

Yeah, great plan - now find a lawyer who'd risk their firm for a couple of grand they make from that transaction: it seems that liability for anything related to money laundering will fall upon them.

Basically the simple truth is that 95% of your "fiat" is now also tainted - have a nice poor life when nobody wants to take your money.

P.S. Their non consecutive serial numbers were accurately associated with you and stored by bank for the next 20 years
                      You take all this crypto crap far too seriously.

Comment

Working...
                      X