• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good news fatty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news fatty

Obesity: Appetite drug could mark '''new era''' in tackling condition - BBC News

Originally posted by BBC
    A drug that suppresses appetite has led to some people losing more than a fifth of their body weight, a major international trial shows.

A weekly injection of the drug, semaglutide, was given alongside advice on diet and fitness.

The study, conducted on almost 2,000 people, showed an average 15kg weight loss during the 15-month trial.
    No doubt we'll see a "losing weight isn't hard just eat less than you burn" comment soon... but with obesity in the top 3 causes of death and serious health issues (maybe top 2?) this could be quite significant.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Starting a thread about esteemed CUK fatso...

Comment

An excellent injectable drug, that's available now, is Saxenda (aka Liraglutide). Available on private prescription via online pharmacies. Works a treat.

And yes that is from experience.

Comment

Yet another excuse for some to not be accountable for their own actions.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
          Appetite control for people who have long eaten far too much for too long is a challenge. They eat the right amount to lose weight but still feel hungry. Having something that helps you achieve the fuller, sated, feeling on less food is a real help.

It's not about accountability, it's about having tools to help you and your body learn better habits.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
            There we go.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Should fat people pay more for airplane seats ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Should pilots be allowed to eat spaghetti mid flight?
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                  They already do via overpriced snacks offered on board.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                    Should pilots be allowed to eat spaghetti mid flight?
                    It's ok if you are on your way back home...

Comment

Working...
                    X