• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Read the instructions...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I seem to recall that motor home manufacturers didn't initially tell drivers that they mustn't leave the driver's seat after engaging cruise control. It was only after someone set cruise control then went out back to make a cuppa, crashed, and successfully sued, did such a statement get included.

I really hope that's an urban myth but I have horrible feeling it's true.
    I know with the MacDonalds hot coffee lawsuit the woman was told to sue by some charitable organisation as many people had burnt themselves on their coffee.

So I suspect more than one person had a mishap with cruise control in a vehicle before that person was encouraged to sued.

In this case I don't suspect anyone else has been so stupid yet.....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
    X