• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finally proper regime

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally proper regime

“ Travellers who try to conceal their arrival from a 'red list' country face jail sentences of up to 10 years under a new enforcement regime for quarantine hotels.

Matt Hancock, the Health Secretary, also announced that anyone who tries to avoid the mandatory self-isolation in a hotel will face fines of up to £10,000.

The new fines will also enforce a triple testing system for all arrivals whether they quarantine for 10 days in Government-approved hotels or at home.

There will be a £1,000 penalty for any international arrival who fails to take a mandatory test either within 72 hours of departure or on the second day of quarantine and a £2,000 penalty for any international arrival who fails to take the second mandatory test on day eight.

Any failure to be tested will also automatically extend the errant travellers’ quarantine period to 14 days. It is thought this comes on top of the £1,000 fine for failing to quarantine at home.”

Passengers face up to 10 years in jail for concealing 'red list' travel

Tough talk, all they need now is get more police to catch violators, more barristers to defend them in court, more courts and a lot more jails...

KUATB

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...been-busy.html

[AtW] Oh but this is the offical thread [/AtW]

Comment

You got that right

Comment

Ten-year sentences for Covid rule-breaking 'utterly ridiculous' | World news | The Guardian

That did not take long...

Comment

Covid-19: Starmer says 10-year jail term for travel lies '''empty threat''' - BBC News

oh btw - the Official threads get follow ups, they are maintained better than an average non-official copycat thread!

So there.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Covid-19: Starmer says 10-year jail term for travel lies '''empty threat''' - BBC News

oh btw - the Official threads get follow ups, they are maintained better than an average non-official copycat thread!

So there.
            FFS haven't you learnt anything?

You start threats about random tulip and other posters pile on..

I suspect your next official thread is about glue girl.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Well here's a follow up for you (I can't be bothered to find the original thread)

Daily Question | 10/02/2021 | YouGov

51% of people who took part in the YouGov survey thought 10 years was 'about right' and a further 13% thought it wasn't harsh enough.

You can play with the graph to see the breakdown by region, age, politics etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Daily Question | 10/02/2021 | YouGov

51% of people who took part in the YouGov survey thought 10 years was 'about right' and a further 13% thought it wasn't harsh enough.
                And how many of them would say so if it was THEM going to the Big House?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  And how many of them would say so if it was THEM going to the Big House?
                  I took part in that survey....

I said it wasn't harsh enough then left a comment that they should all be put in stocks and have rotten food thrown at them

I was thinking of a certain male poster who likes to go on holiday when I was filling it in....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                  X