• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You can also get them on parking....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can also get them on parking....

I hate traffic wardens

52 people fined during police Covid-19 raid on Merseyside gym - LBC

Two people have been arrested and more than 50 have been fined after police carried out a Covid-19 raid on a gym in Merseyside.

Officers were tipped off that Prophecy Performance Centre on Gaskill Road in Speke had been welcoming fitness fans in defiance of the national lockdown.

Gym-goers had been prevented from leaving the site to stop them being spotted by officers, said Merseyside Police.

A 24-year-old man and a 33-year-old woman were arrested on suspicion of false imprisonment and are being questioned by police.

Some 52 people were issued with fixed penalty notices.

The site was also breaking fire safety rules as all of the fire doors were padlocked shut, the force said.

Deputy Chief Constable Serena Kennedy said: "The incident in Speke today shows that we won't hesitate to work with our partners to take robust action against businesses on Merseyside who continue to flout Covid restrictions.

"By continuing to operate, the owners of this gym were putting themselves and their customers at risk of catching and spreading Covid at a time when we all need to work together and follow the rules to tackle this deadly virus.

"While we know that this pandemic has been really tough for businesses that have been forced to close, it is only by adhering to the rules that we will be able to put a stop to this pandemic and hopefully see a return to normality more quickly."

Ten cars parked illegally outside the gym received parking fines.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Police got lucky not to hit the wrong gym...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I hate traffic wardens

Ten cars parked illegally outside the gym received parking fines.
      In a normal situation where they are picking on people being 10 mins late all silly stuff I'd agree. In this case where they shouldn't have been out and parked blatantly illegally then how can you blame the wardens? They've incurred police costs plus the chance of spreading the virus. Fine them double to put some money back in the coffers and deter them from doing it again.

Would it be different if the illegal parking was making people with prams walk in the middle of the road?

They got it spot on this time IMO.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 8 February 2021, 14:06.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Police got lucky not to hit the wrong gym...
        but can he kill with a banana

Comment

They should have towed all the cars, and crushed them, because with the occupants not social-distancing their cars were an obvious health hazard !
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            They should have towed all the cars, and crushed them, because with the occupants not social-distancing their cars were an obvious health hazard !
            Oddly towing cars doesn't piss me off so much.

Probably because the owner gets warned before they are towed, and it makes more sense than ticketing and clamping does.

Comment

Oddly towing cars doesn't piss me off so much.

Probably because the owner gets warned before they are towed, and it makes more sense than ticketing and clamping does.
              So what's your solution to people parking like dicks then? Can't tow them really, you don't want wardens putting tickets on? Should people with prams be forced to walk in the road and other people inconveniced by idiot parking?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                So what's your solution to people parking like dicks then? Can't tow them really, you don't want wardens putting tickets on? Should people with prams be forced to walk in the road and other people inconveniced by idiot parking?
                I said towing doesn't piss me off.

Just put signs on the road stating "if you park here you will be towed" or "towing zone" then tow cars parked on double lines or single yellow lines within hours of operation.

Also you talking about people with prams but there are a lot more people who have mobility problems so end up having to walk in the road because of cars parked on narrow pavements.

Comment

I said towing doesn't piss me off.

Just put signs on the road stating "if you park here you will be towed" or "towing zone" then tow cars parked on double lines or single yellow lines within hours of operation.
                  I think we can assume the fact that ten cars got a ticket that sign posts, yellow lines and everything else isn't working.
                  Also you talking about people with prams but there are a lot more people who have mobility problems so end up having to walk in the road because of cars parked on narrow pavements.
                  I'm just using a fairly common example of people inconvenienced by crap parking.

There are signs and yellow lines and a pavement to not jump but they still do so your first idea is a bit of bust.

Comment

Working...
                  X