• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extra help for children with needs in Wales

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra help for children with needs in Wales

I have 2 disabled children. Just got a letter from the school(in Welsh and English as they have so much money to waste). To help children with needs the term SEN(Special Educational Needs) is no longer allowed. Now we must use ALN. Additional Learning Needs.

I spent a small fortune, and Mrs-BP and I spent years of stress, fighting for proper schooling . And they waste their money on this.

Will the English please come and invade and save us from the total shower of Welsh morons(all from the South I note).

Surely Special is the right term though? If you think of it as a synonym for particular or distinctive.

Disabled children all have needs that are special to them as each has subtle nuances that require individual attention.

If you say the needs are Additional, then you're implying that each child gets the same enhanced help irrespective of their needs.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      If you say the needs are Additional, then you're implying that each child gets the same enhanced help irrespective of their needs.
      No you're not. My Dominos offers additional toppings, but they are tailored to how much pineapple I want.

Additional implies on top of the normal stuff, but still specific. That said, some pupils are not able to receive the normal curriculum at all. So 'special' would be a better term.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        No you're not. My Dominos offers additional toppings, but they are tailored to how much pineapple I want.

Additional implies on top of the normal stuff, but still specific. That said, some pupils are not able to receive the normal curriculum at all. So 'special' would be a better term.
        Dominos ask you how much pineapple you want added to your pizza? I admit it's been a while since I ordered from them but I don't believe you can specify the number of pieces you want

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Dominos ask you how much pineapple you want added to your pizza? I admit it's been a while since I ordered from them but I don't believe you can specify the number of pieces you want
          Zero, one or two portions I think are the options.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

How did this go from disability to toppings on a pizza?
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

If I ordered pizza from the WElsh government, I reckon I would just get a box. Several days late. DElivered to the other end of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Zero, one or two portions I think are the options.
                Ah so in your analogy that equates to no help, some help, more help.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                  How did this go from disability to toppings on a pizza?
                  Usual CUK rules?

Amazed no-one has ben called a nazi yet...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Usual CUK rules?

Amazed no-one has ben called a nazi yet...
                    When Ben comes along, I'll try to remember to do that

Comment

Working...
                    X