• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How will 'chipageddon' affect you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Okies so I tired to embed some photos but Flickr has gone & changed settings & when I put the photo like in it also showed my real name (not even my Flickr name) !

And there are a few creepy weirdos on here......

So here's the link to the Album on Flickr

And yes, I have even decorated the thumb screws....

The case is the Thermal Take View 71 Snow <linky>

The front, rear & AIO fans are all white LED ones... (could not resist a bit of bling)

I have not decorated the Side panel that looks in to the case proper yet as I will do that once built so see how it looks
    Holy carp! A PC? That looks more like a cathedral organ!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      I did say it’s a bit OTT

Currently working on the LCD screen to go in the case to display temperature stats and the like
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

It's part of the Aspiring Goddess's Halo Jones's Temple

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          How will '''chipageddon''' affect you? - BBC News

Just got 64GB for my brand new Dell XPS15. Slightly weird as we are cloud based. But developing the code that sits in the cloud takes quite a few resources.

Suck it up losers.....
          I have the same for cloud work but with 32Gb, unusual to need so much with wsl2 or Linux. I'm quite comfortably running Kubernetes with 30 pods & development tools.

Finding the i9 gets too hot quite a lot despite the large fans.

Comment

That's not a PC case. It's the Palace of Versailles!
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
              I have the same for cloud work but with 32Gb, unusual to need so much with wsl2 or Linux. I'm quite comfortably running Kubernetes with 30 pods & development tools.

That's amazing!

How do you do it with just 32 Gigabits of RAM?

Comment

The '640K' quote won't go away -- but did Gates really say it? | Computerworld

If you're working in the cloud you need very little memory but a very good network, in fact a thin client is sufficient
                Originally posted by AtW View Post

That's amazing!

How do you do it with just 32 Gigabits of RAM?

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  If you're working in the cloud you need very little memory but a very good network, in fact a thin client is sufficient
                  Yeah, and if when it's an imminent nuclear Armageddon, then how would you play your Tetris, with just 32 Gbits of RAM?

Last edited by AtW; 6 February 2021, 22:29.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Yeah, and if when it's an imminent nuclear Armageddon, then how would you play your Tetris, with just 32 Gbits of RAM?

Tetris Ultimate System Requirements - Can I Run It? - PCGameBenchmark
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Bah, motherboard now has an eta of 02.03.21

Staring at the empty case has made me notice that the top and front dust mesh is black... time to order some stainless steel 120 mesh & magnetic tape
                      Growing old is mandatory
                      Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                      X