• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vaccine List

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    Yes, my mum was a school nurse in the past and gave hundreds of vaccines. Most of the symptoms you get when you have an infection (viral or microbe) are actually caused by the immune response. Inflammation itself is caused by immune response. The raising of temperature makes you feel crap, but it is to slow down replication of the infective invaders as they are mostly 'tuned' to normal body temperature. Sometimes though it goes out of control as in the severe covid cases, the immune response causes irreparable inflammation in the lungs and that is what does for you.

Even with the SA variant the vaccine gives your immune system a head start so it can defeat the virus without resorting to a Cytokine storm, hence preventing severe illness.
    Yes, I understand all that, my point being that vaccines work by promoting an immune response to something that looks a lot like the virus (to the immune system), triggering production of antibodies. Hence it is not unexpected - and in fact it is a good sign - if you feel a bit crap for a few days after the shot, since this can be an indicator that your immune system has been triggered, which is exactly what you want to happen after getting a vaccination.

Comment

Working...
    X