• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vaccine List

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
    Everyone else on this forum must be much older than me.

Thought vaccines was still on the over 70's age group?
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Or clinically vulnerable. Partner had her Pfizer jab last week (early 40s). No ill effects other than a sore arm.
    Or work in certain front-line services. A friend in her 30s had it because she works loosely linked to the NHS and the entire department got done.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by silent bob View Post
      Got mine tomorrow. Under 50 but on immune suppressants.
      If that's because of a Tx, then watch out next week, apparently (in Leeds anyway) they are working on a letter to recommend that Tx patients get their second within 3 weeks. Presumably because the immune response is much weaker dependent on your level of suppression.
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

My colleague in the USA has just had his second jab, said the first was fine albeit a slightly sore arm however the second left him feeling like he was going through a light flu. They gave him a leaflet stating the various symptoms he might feel and he had them all and suggests having a couple of light days after the second one. I was thinking that might also be because he also contracted Covid earlier on last year (from going to the gym)
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          I was thinking that might also be because he also contracted Covid earlier on last year
          I've heard people mention that but I couldn't find anything about it online, probably from lack of Google-skillz.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            I was thinking that might also be because he also contracted Covid earlier on last year (from going to the gym)
            Right, seems like there's some anecdotal evidence supporting that - stronger reaction if you'd suffered it previously - but no clear/published evidence yet, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I've heard people mention that but I couldn't find anything about it online, probably from lack of Google-skillz.
              A random google. Take it fwiw.

Should I Get the Vaccine if I’ve Already Had COVID-19 — and Would My Side Effects Be Worse? – Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic

Seems like there's no solid evidence, but I've heard the same anecdotes. That said, there's always a ton of ignorance/noise/disinformation surrounding side-effects from vaccines.

edit:

Some people have mild arm soreness, fatigue, muscle aches, headache or fever, especially after the second dose.

Comment

Cheers. I found the "yes get it anyway" info but not ideas on if it would worsen side-effects. Nothing to suggest you shouldn't get yourself jabbed but interesting.

Comment

Lots of stories about the South African variant in the UK press, quite surprised they haven't picked up this little story about the British variant. Even though all the people had their second jab on the 25th January, 14 residents of an old peoples home still got the British variant albeit asymptomatic so they may have caught it between the 1st and 2nd jabs:

Britische Corona-Variante: 14 Geimpfte positiv getestet - ZDFheute
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I had the Pfizer. Side effects were clearly evident and lasted 5 days.

Headaches - felt like a too tight crash helmet (3 occasions)
                    Lightheadedness / Dizziness (1 occasion, after 2 days)
                    Visual migraine (4 occasions in 5 days - I haven't had 4 of them in the last 2 years).

Sore arm wasn't a side effect, but expected.

I'd have it again (Pfizer), in the blink of an eye.
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

I had the AstraZeneca one on Friday, so just hope I don't come into contact with the South Africa version then!
                      Felt a bit shivery and lousy for a day or so. Nothing a few paracetamol couldn't take care of.

Comment

Working...
                      X