• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

this role is open to EU passport holders only

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this role is open to EU passport holders only

Spotted on a contract advert in TotalJobs.

And?

Comment

Originally posted by geoffreywhereveryoumaybe View Post
      Spotted on a contract advert in TotalJobs.
      The future

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Nothing new, been seeing ads like that since the referendum

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

My passport says EU on it, I think.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Saw it on plenty of job ads pre 2021...
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I've seen lots of jobs all over that require the legal right to live and work in the country the job is to be delivered. Why is it suddenly newsworthy when it's something that's been required since someone first thought up the notion of work visas and the like.

Comment

Pre 2021 you didn't need a work visa or an EU passport for British people to work in the EU. Some people have only just found that out and are surprised by it. They probably live in a cave
                Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I've seen lots of jobs all over that require the legal right to live and work in the country the job is to be delivered. Why is it suddenly newsworthy when it's something that's been required since someone first thought up the notion of work visas and the like.
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Pre 2021 you didn't need a work visa or an EU passport for British people to work in the EU. Some people have only just found that out and are surprised by it. They probably live in a cave

Or they didn't speak the relevant languages and weren't bothered as they wouldn't have been able to work in the EU anyway. They would have needed an EU passport, as they wouldn't have been able to travel to Europe without one. They also wouldn't have been able to register with the local authorities, or open a bank account, or rent a property.
                  Working in the EU has never been worth the hassle, except for those of you who don't know what a wife or girlfriend is, and would have to sort them out with a job in a country where they didn't speak the language. Which is probably quite a lot of you.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    Or they didn't speak the relevant languages and weren't bothered as they wouldn't have been able to work in the EU anyway. They would have needed an EU passport, as they wouldn't have been able to travel to Europe without one. They also wouldn't have been able to register with the local authorities, or open a bank account, or rent a property.
                    Working in the EU has never been worth the hassle, except for those of you who don't know what a wife or girlfriend is, and would have to sort them out with a job in a country where they didn't speak the language. Which is probably quite a lot of you.
                    A bit of a small island mindset there, I work all over the EU and have done for years and don't speak the local languages. Maybe some of us are hired for being experienced rather than just arses on seats...

Comment

Working...
                    X