• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official GME shares thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/breakingmkts/sta...34870567628808

Quick buck for anyone who buys now, since the retail buy restrictions have been lifted now the price has collapsed and the hedge fund shorts have made their profits.

The free market at work.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Meanwhile, the Hedge Funds are beginning to realise that maybe they should at least pretend to give a feck about others... https://twitter.com/eamonjavers/stat...402653696?s=21
      I’m told the hedge fund industry feels it needs to push back on the massive criticism it’s gotten in the wake of GameStop. Says one source familiar: “A significant amount of time and attention will be spent working to explain the industry’s story a little more cogently.”
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
        I burnt a lot of money real quick there.

It took ScooterScot weeks to do what I've done in minutes.

Comment

It’s a bloodbath out there. I bet the guys who got in at 200 odd are having sweaty palms. Having said that, it did hit 150 once and then retreated to 60 before zooming to 500. A bit like Bitcoin. I suppose all the pump and dump schemes work like that.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

it's not a loss. It's a lesson in stock trading for these kids. Do not mix emotions with trading.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
              it's not a loss. It's a lesson in stock trading for these kids. Do not mix emotions with trading.
              How have you been Scooter?

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                I just filled up on $GME. Seriously.

I CANNOT LOSE!

Well that aged like milk.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                  It’s a bloodbath out there. I bet the guys who got in at 200 odd are having sweaty palms. Having said that, it did hit 150 once and then retreated to 60 before zooming to 500. A bit like Bitcoin. I suppose all the pump and dump schemes work like that.
                  The guys who bought in at 200 have no chance of getting their money back. This is nothing like bitcoin, which is something ethereal to many people and the price bounces all over the place. This is a bricks-and-mortars chain caught up in a short term social-media frenzied blip and is struggling in a changing world.

Comment

Price now at $65, back around where it was before the social media inspired "bear squeeze" was going to change the world.

That showed those hedge funds!

But Scoots was right

“They [the markets] were broken before GameStop (GME), but GameStop and these meme stocks just show how broken they are now. Now, the reason they're broken is because fundamentals matter less and less every day,” .
                    Short-seller Carson Block: 'Markets are broken. They were broken before GameStop'
                    Last edited by Paralytic; 4 February 2021, 16:49.

Comment

They will remember this day forever.

Comment

Working...
                      X