• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Joe Biden - holding post

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #11
    Have to admit, I would also have moved out the Churchill bust, not because I disapprove of what he stood for or his achievements (despite a few mistakes) but because with its hideous tree bark skin effect it is depressingly ugly, as the old boy would probably have agreed had he seen it.

    OK, here's a question for the assorted congregation, if you were the President, or just you generally with a very large desk, and had to have a bust of someone, who would you choose?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

    Comment


      #12
      Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Have to admit, I would also have moved out the Churchill bust, not because I disapprove of what he stood for or his achievements (despite a few mistakes) but because with its hideous tree bark skin effect it is depressingly ugly, as the old boy would probably have agreed had he seen it.

      OK, here's a question for the assorted congregation, if you were the President, or just you generally with a very large desk, and had to have a bust of someone, who would you choose?
      Not technically a bust but... just a little something to brighten up the office.

      England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

      Comment


        #13
        Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
        Not technically a bust but... just a little something to brighten up the office.

        Wow, I'd like to see the wine bottle that top fits!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

        Comment


          #14
          Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Have to admit, I would also have moved out the Churchill bust, not because I disapprove of what he stood for or his achievements (despite a few mistakes) but because with its hideous tree bark skin effect it is depressingly ugly, as the old boy would probably have agreed had he seen it.

          OK, here's a question for the assorted congregation, if you were the President, or just you generally with a very large desk, and had to have a bust of someone, who would you choose?
          Bust, or Butt?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

          Comment


            #15
            Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

            OK, here's a question for the assorted congregation, if you were the President, or just you generally with a very large desk, and had to have a bust of someone, who would you choose?
            Marcus Tullius Cicero - for making Greek philosophy accessible in his Tusculanae Disputationes. Also inspired one of the early church fathers Ambrose of Milan to write On the Duties of the Clergy in about 391 AD. It was written to motivate the clergy of his diocese so that they would conduct their lives in a manner appropriate to their vocation. With his immense background in the Classics, Ambrose modeled his treatise on Cicero's De Officiis.
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

            Comment


              #16
              Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

              Marcus Tullius Cicero - for making Greek philosophy accessible in his Tusculanae Disputationes. Also inspired one of the early church fathers Ambrose of Milan to write On the Duties of the Clergy in about 391 AD. It was written to motivate the clergy of his diocese so that they would conduct their lives in a manner appropriate to their vocation. With his immense background in the Classics, Ambrose modeled his treatise on Cicero's De Officiis.
              Gibbon, if you don't already have a complete set of the Loeb Classical Library, ebook copies can be downloaded free from zlibrary

              Here's one to get you started : Greek Lyric: Sappho and Alcaeus (Loeb No 142)

              (There are over six million ebooks there on all kinds of topics, many bang up to date.)

              Anonymous users can download up to 4 ebooks per day, registered users up to 10 daily, and if you send them an Amazon gift token for a small amount you can download 50+ per day
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

              Comment

              Working...
              X