• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Four-day week would be affordable for most UK firms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four-day week would be affordable for most UK firms

"Four-day week would be affordable for most UK firms, says thinktank

Autonomy study says with proper planning companies can prosper if staff work fewer hours for same pay

A carefully designed four-day week could be introduced in the UK immediately and be affordable for most firms with more than 50 workers, a thinktank has said.

A report by Autonomy – which is campaigning for a shorter working week without loss of pay – said the majority of 50,000 firms studied would be able to cope with the change through higher productivity or by raising prices.

The thinktank said the government should investigate ways of rolling out a four-day week, starting with the public sector."

Four-day week would be affordable for most UK firms, says thinktank | Business | The Guardian

Yeah sure, on 75% salary tho

A four-day week, working 37.5/4 hours per day, sure.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Yeah sure, on 75% salary tho
      Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Jesus.
        Blasphemy!

Comment

The parable of the bags of gold.

Comment

I said earlier you are a really smart guy alexi but just, well, are not that clever.

You would have got 15 seconds in banks.
            Last edited by minestrone; 30 December 2020, 19:28.

Comment

He's still trying to work this one out.

Comment

I used to work a 4 day week on an hourly rate, it meant long days but was well worth it. I used to take 2 days off every two weeks.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  He's still trying
                  FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    I used to work a 4 day week on an hourly rate, it meant long days but was well worth it. I used to take 2 days off every two weeks.
                    Nobody on this forum has ever worked.

Comment

Working...
                    X