• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So it begins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    The sad drunk scotsman is correct for once in his deranged meanderings.
    You vent spleen deliberately as you know I am the only openly Christian on the forum.

Comment

Explained via PM.

Er, no. I don't. I think the whole creationism theory is simply a bad anagram of cretinism. It's ain't theology, it ain't science. Most Christians aren't followers of thick American ideas concerning Christianity.

Not quite. You insist he was forced to take them, and that is manifestly not the case. He agreed to take the drugs when it was offered as an alternative to imprisonment. The sad drunk scotsman is correct for once in his deranged meanderings.
      You may as well say that people forced to convert to Catholicism or be killed weren’t actually forced to convert.

Comment

Not quite. You insist he was forced to take them, and that is manifestly not the case. He agreed to take the drugs when it was offered as an alternative to imprisonment. The sad drunk scotsman is correct for once in his deranged meanderings.
        He agreed under duress - threat of prison, and what would have happened to him there?

The fact is he was chemically castrated because he was gay, lost his clearance and ultimately poisoned himself. And if that happened to Alan Turing what was happening to others less known?

Comment

"Most Christians aren't followers of thick American ideas concerning Christianity"

Jesus he loves me and he knows I'm right.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            He agreed under duress - threat of prison, and what would have happened to him there?

The fact is he was chemically castrated because he was gay, lost his clearance and ultimately poisoned himself. And if that happened to Alan Turing what was happening to others less known?
            So, chemical castrated THEN poisoned.

It's like Puccini.

Comment

Castrato mathematician turuno.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                You vent spleen deliberately as you know I am the only openly Christian on the forum.
                The obnly Christian in the village?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  doogh.

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  You may as well say that people forced to convert to Catholicism or be killed weren’t actually forced to convert.
                  Not really. You might as well say people are forced to do that speeding course. Question of severity and scale. I don't think chemical castration nor imprisonment are something that should be done to gay people!

I'd choose imprisonment over drugs. YMMV. It was a choice. And at the time they did think homosexuality was something to be treated. Maybe Turing agreed?

Turing's death was found to be suicide. But the evidence was consistent with accident.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I don't think chemical castration nor imprisonment are something that should be done to gay people!
                    Even WTFH?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Even WTFH?
                      He's not gay (I think), so it seems perfectly appropriate.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X