• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Wuhan Flu?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wuhan Flu?

Covid: Wuhan scientist would '''welcome''' visit probing lab leak theory - BBC News

Interesting article - maybe this has already been discussed.

1. Have always wondered why there is so little activity tracing the source.
    One year on, xxx deaths and we have no answers and no tangible investigation and no media coverage on what started all of this.
    How can politicians let this happen????

2.What's the point of paying money to the WHO if they don't have universal access to all members????

3. I never knew the largest coronavirus research lab was in Wuhan.
    Am sure just a coincidence the largest CV research lab is in the same city as the start of the outbreak.

Can anyone explain this to me????

If the BBC is the source, I would just discard it.

Comment

It's very hard to investigate a country that doesn't like sharing.

China put in place trade sanctions against Australia for daring to demand they be held more to account.
      China ramps up squeeze on Australia with 212% tax on wine | Business News | Sky News
      China’s hard line against Australia is a lesson for us all | The Japan Times

Anyone that dissents needs to be able to cope with that level of come back.
      Last edited by ladymuck; 23 December 2020, 19:19.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
        Covid: Wuhan scientist would '''welcome''' visit probing lab leak theory - BBC News

Interesting article - maybe this has already been discussed.

Look at papers published in Nature. The research has been done. The evidence suggests that the most likely source is bats/snake in the Wuhan area. The chances of it being man made are slim. It could be a natural virus leaking from Wuhan, but there's no evidence of this.

I guess scientists have had better things to do, since the chances of it coming from a Wuhan lab leak are low (who spends research money on checking out low probability outcomes?)
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

They cleaned everything up back in Feb-Mar 2020.

It’s all academic anyway - the real issue that countries not prepared for pandemics, you can’t rely on China or anybody else to never have escaped virus, it was inevitable (heck we already had close escapes with SARS 1, MERS, swine flu, chicken flu every year threatens jumping to humans etc)

Get ready to become veggie this decade - turkeys will be only on Xmas for top 0.1%

Comment

Spuddy’s bat fritter in the Brompton Barracks NAAFI isn’t looking so clever now.

Comment

The Chinese ate the evidence on day zero.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

So all the responses are - well China is secretive, they have already hid the evidence, scientists have allegedly said the chances are low.

Really ? the world economies get ravaged and its brushed under the carpet by governments/WHO. (Except for Trump who called it out)

I must have missed something. What's going on here? Surely we should get definitive results - or should have 6 months ago!

Comment

So all the responses are - well China is secretive, they have already hid the evidence, scientists have allegedly said the chances are low.

Really ? the world economies get ravaged and its brushed under the carpet by governments/WHO. (Except for Trump who called it out)

I must have missed something. What's going on here? Surely we should get definitive results - or should have 6 months ago!
                  I get what you're saying. How would you go about investigating it though? They don't have to let anyone in and they don't have to share anything they don't want to. I'm not saying it's right but there's only so much an outsider can achieve and insiders tend to disappear...

Comment

What are you trying to achieve here - get China to admit and pay in full liability for the damage caused?

It would not happen even if you had cast iron proof, by all accounts this was an accident that was bound to happen - SARS v1 was early bird, then it was MERS, swine flu - the world was overdue for deadly pandemic.

Instead of worrying about China think about world being overdue for a huge steroid strike or 11 scale earthquake.

Feeling better now, Timmy? Attaboy

Comment

Working...
                    X