• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stay out of Wales

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Try again.

Parking permits are now electronic just like tax discs so I have nothing identifying stuck to my windscreen.
    The Cornish have evolved to detect and read electronic tags and to perform parking permit analysis alongside ANPR.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      They can spot a RBKC parking permit from 500 paces.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Try again.

Parking permits are now electronic just like tax discs so I have nothing identifying stuck to my windscreen.

This is true. I renewed my RBKC permit last month and now have no stickers on my windscreen (just a lot of residual sticky...)

However, ANPR is a bit of a bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        This is true. I renewed my RBKC permit last month and now have no stickers on my windscreen (just a lot of residual sticky...)

However, ANPR is a bit of a bugger.
        Is that working well? We still have windscreen permits, but I'm sure the parking wombles will be forcing us to get something more complicated (and presumably expensive?)
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Is that working well? We still have windscreen permits, but I'm sure the parking wombles will be forcing us to get something more complicated (and presumably expensive?)
          I’m sure you’ll find a way to blame the EUSSR.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            I’m sure you’ll find a way to blame the EUSSR.
            It's a LibDem council, which amounts to the same thing...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

As we were talking the other week, you can now stop off in Somerset as they're Tier 1. A nice buffer for Cornwall from the real world.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It's a LibDem council, which amounts to the same thing...
                Sorry for your troubles.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  As we were talking the other week, you can now stop off in Somerset as they're Tier 1. A nice buffer for Cornwall from the real world.
                  Cornwall is about as far removed from the real world as it gets...

Comment

Cornwall is about as far removed from the real world as it gets...
                    Although Scilly is to Cornwall as Cornwall is to London.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It's working well enough in that I haven't had a parking ticket yet.

The price wasn't much different compared to last year.

The renewal process was the same as ever, which was always quite simple.

The only hiccup is that if you don't pay attention during the renewal process, where it is shown once on screen, you receive no record of what your new permit number is. This could cause a problem if you had to contact the parking team and are asked to supply the permit number.

Comment

Working...
                      X