• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mutant Virus DOOM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    "The chief executive of the German pharmaceutical company BioNTech has said he is confident its coronavirus vaccine works against the new UK variant, but that further studies are needed to be certain.

Uğur Şahin told a press conference his team had been working on trying to find out whether the vaccine worked on the UK variant or whether it would be necessary to adapt it. Results would be known within two weeks, he said."

Covid vaccine 'highly likely' to work on UK variant, BioNTech says | World news | The Guardian

So, 2 weeks - and if they were supplied necessary stuff a month ago then we'd know by now, even if a month ago it wasn't 100% certain that it was higher infectivity of the new strain that was driving it, feckers were sitting on data and keeping it quiet to avoid ruining Xmas.

Looks like they're ruining Christmas for thousands of truckers as well as all those with plans to meet isolated relatives for the 5 day grace period the government was allowing until they tulip themselves over the typical incomplete data and change the rules at the last minute.

Though when the rules are nonsense anyway it doesn't take much for them to trip themselves up. This time wee crankie has been done over by the 'sit down without a mask is fine, stand up without a mask is front page news' rule.

Nicola Sturgeon broke Covid rules at funeral - BBC News

"Nicola Sturgeon broke Covid rules at funeral" - err they mean pub.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      Looks like they're ruining Christmas for thousands of truckers as well as all those with plans to meet isolated relatives for the 5 day grace period the government was allowing until they tulip themselves over the typical incomplete data and change the rules at the last minute.

Though when the rules are nonsense anyway it doesn't take much for them to trip themselves up. This time wee crankie has been done over by the 'sit down without a mask is fine, stand up without a mask is front page news' rule.

Nicola Sturgeon broke Covid rules at funeral - BBC News

"Nicola Sturgeon broke Covid rules at funeral" - err they mean pub.
      As she likes to be way more pious and show off how much better she is, I fully expect her to fall on her sword and resign as a result of this egregious breach.

Comment

In the Times, they report that the scientists who did the work also think it's highly likely that it originated in the UK.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          In the Times, they report that the scientists who did the work also think it's highly likely that it originated in the UK.
          Too late - it's everywhere...
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

We always take something that someone else invented and make it better!
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              We always take something that someone else invented and make it better!
              No, that's Apple.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Too late - it's everywhere...
                Empire 2.0!

Making Britain Great Again

Comment

Now if we can engineer that mouse pox thing into it as well, once we've got a proper vaccine.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Now if we can engineer that mouse pox thing into it as well, once we've got a proper vaccine.
                    So that's where the phrase "taking the mickey" came from. Invented in 2021 and a time traveller took it back to pre-Disney.

Comment

China and Russia will demand full access to Porton Down...

Comment

Working...
                      X