• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it true the Scottish can't cope with snow?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it true the Scottish can't cope with snow?

Just hearing a radio report that there was thundersnow in Edinburgh so loads of people called the police. Edinburgh thundersnow: More adverse weather conditions expected as yellow warning issued for Lothian - Edinburgh Live

50 schools were closed, buses were sliding into cars, vehicles were abandoned on roads and the Queensferry crossing was closed for the 2nd time this year.

You are all bloody turning soft!
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Err, summer tires, innit?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

What? In closing 50 schools?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        What? In closing 50 schools?
        Not safe to drive to school which in normal times creates nightmare traffic jams (at least around my place)

Comment

Not safe to drive to school which in normal times creates nightmare traffic jams (at least around my place)
          people can't walk anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            people can't walk anymore?
            No winter shoes?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Just hearing a radio report that there was thundersnow in Edinburgh so loads of people called the police. Edinburgh thundersnow: More adverse weather conditions expected as yellow warning issued for Lothian - Edinburgh Live

50 schools were closed, buses were sliding into cars, vehicles were abandoned on roads and the Queensferry crossing was closed for the 2nd time this year.

You are all bloody turning soft!
              People didn't call the police because of snow. It was the sound of the thunder. It sounded like a building collapsing or something. I heard it. Actually, it was the lightening that woke me up, it was so bright. That said, I don't think it warranted phoning the police!
              Queensferry crossing was closed because of falling ice. I don't know about you but I don't think I would fancy a block of ice hitting my car from 150m up.
              If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Trapped Scottish drivers forced to deep fry each other

Comment

I think in the UK it's mostly all-seasons.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    I think in the UK it's mostly all-seasons.
                    Yeah “summer” as in non-snow-winter season 1.

Comment

Working...
                    X