• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Japan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japan

I'm going to Japan at the end of March, any tips as to where to go, for 2 or 3 days ? I was thinking about mountains and hot springs eg Nikko, Kashiwaya not far from Tokyo, or perhaps Mt Fuji.

Any hotels anyone can recommend here ?
    I'm alright Jack

Cue Threaded...

He owns Japan and has personally shagged the Emperor's Pool Boy!

Comment

Churchill is correct, I've done a good few contracts in Japan.

Osaka, Osaka Castle.
      Nikko, the Toshogu shrine.
      Tokyo, Shibuya after dark, and see if you can arrange to visit the Imperial Palace, there are certain days when it is open to the public, your guide will know, but best to organise in advance.
      Kyoto, lots of temples.
      And you've got to climb Mount Fuji

Everywhere: look out for the manhole covers, they're pretty, and the vending machines are interesting in an odd and sometimes disturbing way as well.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

...thx, I've seen Osaka castle (bin there done that), I'm going to Tokyo anyway, so I'll spend extra days in either Nikko or somewhere around Mt Fuji.

...ooh tough decsion.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
          Churchill is correct, I've done a good few contracts in Japan.
          I think I must have seen you in Takeshi castle.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
            I think I must have seen you in Takeshi castle.
            He was the emperor

Comment

Working...
            X