• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mass testing in Liverpool

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mass testing in Liverpool

“ Liverpool's mayor says about 90,000 people were tested for coronavirus in the first week of the country's first city-wide testing programme, out of a population of about 500,000. A total of 430 people tested positive, with about 200 showing prior symptoms, Mayor Joe Anderson said. About 2,000 members of the military forces were drafted in to help at 38 test centres, including at leisure centres, church halls and Anfield Stadium.”

Covid-19: Coronavirus infections '''slowing down''' and a couple reunite - BBC News

That’s very interesting - only 430 positives out of 90k (which is close to 20%)?

Either tests are tulip or (more likely) people who come forward are not from groups who get the virus, there is no way 500k people in Liverpool only have 2k infections

Mass testing should be 100% coverage of every street - test in one van kn the corner and free ice cream from another

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Mass testing should be 100% coverage of every street - test in one van kn the corner and free ice cream from another
    My street's over a mile-and-a-half (~3km) long. Which corner will they be on?

+1 for free ice cream though

Comment

I don't suspect couriers, taxi drivers, bus drivers, and food delivery workers to take the test.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Mass Testing in Liverpool

Question (1) What is the holy trilogy?

Last edited by Paddy; 14 November 2020, 00:27.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Mass Testing in Liverpool

Question (1) What is the holy trilogy?

The Metropolitan Cathedral of Christ the King is one of those buildings that looks a bit weird and concrete-y from the outside but is, once you're inside, utterly gobsmackingly awe-inspiring

I remember the day it was consecrated. I was five. My family and I were not that far down Mount Pleasant for the big parade. Beat the Anglicans; they didn't finish their cathedral for another fifteen or so years even though they'd started earlier

Comment

Get ready for the New Nhs Gene Therapy Clinics in 2021...

Last edited by AtW; 14 November 2020, 06:15.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              The Metropolitan Cathedral of Christ the King is one of those buildings that looks a bit weird and concrete-y from the outside but is, once you're inside, utterly gobsmackingly awe-inspiring

I remember the day it was consecrated. I was five. My family and I were not that far down Mount Pleasant for the big parade. Beat the Anglicans; they didn't finish their cathedral for another fifteen or so years even though they'd started earlier
              And the only UK city with two cathedrals
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                And the only UK city with two cathedrals
                Some don't even have one....
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                X