• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best $/€/£ return in a week challenge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best $/€/£ return in a week challenge

Anyone up for it?

Since the stock market crash thread seems to full of day traders I thought against my better judgement I should give it a bash. Monday money until Friday tally. One can use any asset class they like.

Rules:

1) Doesn't matter what the speculation is as long as it is can be tracked on a major exchange.

2) It matters not what day of the week the speculation begins as long as profits or losses can be realised by Friday.

3) Only one asset per weekly challenge.

4) Profits or losses realised in a privately owned central bank currency.

5) It is just a game, tell your head.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 11 November 2020, 16:47.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

No ₿?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      No ₿?
      See rule 4
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        See rule 4
        Retrospective rule change

Comment

Buy Class A drugs. If you get caught selling them for a higher price, we get a 20 year holiday. What's not to like...?
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Buy Class A drugs. If you get caught selling them for a higher price, we get a 20 year holiday. [b[What's not to like...?[/b]
            Having to wait that long for declared winner?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Having to wait that long for declared winner?
              If he gets a 20 year holiday, we can all be winners, just like a Russian school sports day. Actually, it's just like a British school sports day. Oh, goodness, how far we have fallen...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Anyone up for it?

Since the stock market crash thread seems to full of day traders I thought against my better judgement I should give it a bash. Monday money until Friday tally. One can use any asset class they like.

Rules:

1) Doesn't matter what the speculation is as long as it is can be tracked on a major exchange.

2) It matters not what day of the week the speculation begins as long as profits or losses can be realised by Friday.

3) Only one asset per weekly challenge.

4) Profits or losses realised in a privately owned central bank currency.
                I have no more earthly needs.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  I have no more earthly needs.
                  Then it is time for you to bring your charitable services to those poorer parts of the world where education and good food eluded them.

Fancy a pilgrimage to Blackpool?

Comment

You just have no idea how little people think of you do you?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X