• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Excellent news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent news

“ GCHQ has begun an offensive cyber-operation to disrupt anti-vaccine propaganda being spread by hostile states, The Times understands.

The spy agency is using a toolkit developed to tackle disinformation and recruitment material peddled by Islamic State, according to sources.

It is the latest move by cyberagents to counter activity linked to Moscow whose aim is to exploit the pandemic in order to undermine the West and boost Russian interests.

The government regards tackling false information about inoculation as a rising priority as the prospect of a reliable vaccine against the coronavirus draws closer. A government source said: “GCHQ has been told to take out antivaxers online and on social media. There are ways they have used to monitor and disrupt terrorist propaganda.”

GCHQ in cyberwar on anti-vaccine propaganda | News | The Times

Nice, but Mi5/6 should bring it to IRL - and get HMRC to focus on Mor Ons who report RT, ZH and other propaganda sites
    Last edited by AtW; 9 November 2020, 03:12.

“ Russia is behind a high proportion of disinformation about the coronavirus, according to another Whitehall source who emphasised that GCHQ was able to gain permission to tackle disinformation that originated only from state adversaries. It is not legally permitted to disrupt online content written by ordinary citizens. “You wouldn’t get authorisation to go after cranks. People have a right to say battulip stuff online,” the source said.”

Oh FFS...

Comment

You want the state to control people's opinions and views?
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
        You want the state to control people's opinions and views?
        Yes, when that view differs from mine
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
        X