• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cater Allen New Website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Butcher View Post
    It's absolute dog poop
    Also looks like they've removed the .ofx export file format - its only .csv now and it's not compatible with my accountants web site.
    Their open banking feed works again.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

And apparently you can't have a semicolon in your password (or at least start it with a semicolon)

Took a while for me to work that one out - it helpfully tells me that my password doesn't meet the requirements.

Anyone know who they outsourced this bilge to? My money is on TCS.
      Back at the coal face

Comment

Originally posted by al_cam View Post

And apparently you can't have a semicolon in your password (or at least start it with a semicolon) ..
        Oh feck, I wonder what it will make of the tilde in my password!

I suspect if your password is "; delete from account_table where 1=1;" all hell would break loose!
        Last edited by OwlHoot; 2 November 2020, 23:15.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by al_cam View Post
          And apparently you can't have a semicolon in your password (or at least start it with a semicolon)

Took a while for me to work that one out - it helpfully tells me that my password doesn't meet the requirements.

Anyone know who they outsourced this bilge to? My money is on TCS.
          Cater Allen obviously decided they didn't need UX people.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by The Butcher View Post
            It's absolute dog poop
            Also looks like they've removed the .ofx export file format - its only .csv now and it's not compatible with my accountants web site.
            If you use FreeAgent for your accounting, there is a workaround to this. When you download the csv from Cater Allen, the transaction dates will be formatted in dd-MMM-yyyy format (eg 31-Oct-2020). If you change this to dd/MM/yyyy format (eg 31/10/2020) then the file WILL import into FreeAgent. However, much of the metadata which allowed freeagent to correctly guess transaction explainations will no longer work, so you need to spend additional time explaining all the transactions, which sucks.

Personally I am leaving Cater Allen as soon as I can because of this debacle. The new UI gives me a migrane.

Comment

Their new paper statements are also 10 steps back. Not clear at all.

Comment

The Cater Allen website just isn't getting any better.... Enough is enough.

Has anyone moved away from Cater Allen and have they found their new bank better?

Comment

Originally posted by velcro View Post
                  The Cater Allen website just isn't getting any better.... Enough is enough.

Has anyone moved away from Cater Allen and have they found their new bank better?
                  What are your expectations and requirements?

I've been with HSBC for over a decade and never had an issue but others hate them with a passion!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    What are your expectations and requirements?

I've been with HSBC for over a decade and never had an issue but others hate them with a passion!

Straightforward bank, easy to use website, no fees. Cater Allen used to be decent but now just painful... Someone said Starling are pretty good?

Comment

Originally posted by velcro View Post
                      Straightforward bank, easy to use website, no fees. Cater Allen used to be decent but now just painful... Someone said Starling are pretty good?
                      You can't afford £6.50 a month fee?

Why do people expect banking to be free all the time? It's a service at the end of the day. It has a cost to deliver.

Comment

Working...
                      X