• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cater Allen New Website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    SIM card cloning is rife and easy.
    ... and you know that .... how?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      ... and you know that .... how?

If I told you then I'd have to... Well, see another thread about fridge capacity...

Comment

Another dumb thing it does is, as far as I've worked it out: when you submit the login form, it uses JavaScript to hash the password, then puts that value in the password field overwriting the actual password, then (I suspect) cancels the form submission event using preventDefault, then submits the form all over again via JavaScript.

I use Safari and its built-in password management (integrated with the MacOS Keychain). Going through this process means that, when the form is finally submitted for real, Safari notices that the password is now different, and asks whether it should replace the value you currently have stored with this new value that's magically appeared. If you mistakenly agree that it should, you then have a hash of the password saved, which doesn't work, and have to go through a ridiculously convoluted procedure to reset your password again

None of this is necessary, as the connection is secured by TLS in the first place

Comment

It’s a conspiracy to stop people from saving passwords!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Another dumb thing it does is, as far as I've worked it out: when you submit the login form, it uses JavaScript to hash the password, then puts that value in the password field overwriting the actual password, then (I suspect) cancels the form submission event using preventDefault, then submits the form all over again via JavaScript.

I use Safari and its built-in password management (integrated with the MacOS Keychain). Going through this process means that, when the form is finally submitted for real, Safari notices that the password is now different, and asks whether it should replace the value you currently have stored with this new value that's magically appeared. If you mistakenly agree that it should, you then have a hash of the password saved, which doesn't work, and have to go through a ridiculously convoluted procedure to reset your password again

None of this is necessary, as the connection is secured by TLS in the first place
            That it utterly ridiculous. What kind of programmer thought of this bollox. Was it one of you lot ? This is a story that you usually find in coding horror and not a production banking website!
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

When I was in hospital the other year I had terrible reception, but wanted to pay my VAT bill the night before I went under the knife, just in case. ..
              Are you saying that paying a VAT bill was potentially the most important last task you had to do in this life?

Sort of reminds me of Henry Royce's (cofounder of Rolls Royce) reputed last words "I wish I'd spent more time in the office"
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Are you saying that paying a VAT bill was potentially the most important last task you had to do in this life?

Sort of reminds me of Henry Royce's (cofounder of Rolls Royce) reputed last words "I wish I'd spent more time in the office"
                There isn't much to do in the Coronary Care Unit, so I figured I might as well pass the time sorting out various odd bits like that so nobody else would have to deal with them if things didn't turn out as planned

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                  That it utterly ridiculous. What kind of programmer thought of this bollox. Was it one of you lot ? This is a story that you usually find in coding horror and not a production banking website!
                  I suspect suity has joined CA

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                    I suspect suity has joined CA
                    As a coder.

Comment

It's absolute dog poop
                      Also looks like they've removed the .ofx export file format - its only .csv now and it's not compatible with my accountants web site.

Comment

Working...
                      X