• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in NHS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting in NHS

I have been contracting in NHS for the last 5 months.

It is my first time in the public sector. It is the most crazy workplace i have ever worked. This place is full of cockblocking permies that they have been there forever and they have roots growing from their chairs.. Technically inept, heavily unionized snowflakes , gaslighting, constantly sitting on the fence not making any decisions. Projects that are running in parallel and should be interfacing with each other are completely siloed resulting in massive failures and years of blockages. Eventually they will attempt the same project again and it will be somehow blocked or fail. These people are throwing public money into a massive black hole.

I honestly think i work in a 3rd world country.

Fellow contractors that you have worked for NHS please discuss.

Yes, quite aware of all that and well reported over the years. When the NHS becomes a political weapon, billions get thrown at it to get political mileage. There is no accountability for those billions and obviously all the lovers will ensure they get massive wage hike and bonuses every year.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by Michail View Post

It is my first time in the public sector. It is the most crazy workplace i have ever worked. This place is full of cockblocking permies that they have been there forever and they have roots growing from their chairs.. Technically inept, heavily unionized snowflakes , gaslighting, constantly sitting on the fence not making any decisions. Projects that are running in parallel and should be interfacing with each other are completely siloed resulting in massive failures and years of blockages. Eventually they will attempt the same project again and it will be somehow blocked or fail. These people are throwing public money into a massive black hole.

It keeps people up north in jobs, it’s the norm

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Depends where you are working, because you do realise the NHS doesn't actually exist? It's an affiliation of over 9000 different organisations, and as for crazy, I wonder what in the last 5 months might have put extra pressure on the "NHS"
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Depends where you are working, because you do realise the NHS doesn't actually exist? It's an affiliation of over 9000 different organisations, and as for crazy, I wonder what in the last 5 months might have put extra pressure on the "NHS"
          Years of people being in the same place and not willing to accept that the world has moved on? Server 2003 end of life was many years ago?

Comment

lashing out 'cos you've been canned then eh?

Comment

Years of people being in the same place and not willing to accept that the world has moved on? Server 2003 end of life was many years ago?
              There are fax machine and pagers too
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

It's a similar story throughout most of the public sector.

The few projects that do make it are entirely contractor driven which is why IR35 is going to have a considerable impact on this sector, nobody is going to want to go inside/permie in these places unless they are hopeless themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                  It's a similar story throughout most of the public sector.

The few projects that do make it are entirely contractor driven which is why IR35 is going to have a considerable impact on this sector, nobody is going to want to go inside/permie in these places unless they are hopeless themselves.
                  I suspect people with more than one young child and/or a older person they are the carer of will take those roles.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    lashing out 'cos you've been canned then eh?
                    Not really,

It was 5 months of free money as they did not let me do any work.

I actually thought to go to the papers...But will they listen?
                    Last edited by Michail; 30 September 2020, 20:51.

Comment

Working...
                    X