• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LondonPM1's very own pollution thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
    Thats only if you could forsee you would exceed that threshold - Could be argued you did not expect to work 252 days and therefore stated under 150K income and threfre registered for flat rate vat
    But you just made it clear that you would intend to work 252 days. So you would be lying - evading tax. This isn't a tax evaders' forum you know.

Comment

Mods can you snip thread after the original post, as rest is not relevant

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        But you just made it clear that you would intend to work 252 days. So you would be lying - evading tax. This isn't a tax evaders' forum you know.
        ok detective poirot

I intend to work for 220 days and i worked for 252 days - This happened for several years as i was always expecting the tsunami and the coronavirus to one day appear - It appeared in 2020 8 years after i expected it to

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
          Thanks all, very insightful.

My current rate is £600 outside with contract is finishing soon. I am a single director so don't benefit from the joint director set up.

So I am figuring £80k permanent with good benefits (27 days hol, 10% pension cont + others) should secure me for the moment, having done the maths around income changes.
          This is not bad and pretty standard from all the reading i have done

600 pd == 80K is kind of what has been concuded on this board recently

Comment

This is not bad and pretty standard from all the reading i have done

Comment

I intend to work for 220 days and i worked for 252 days - This happened for several years

VAT Flat Rate Scheme : Join or leave the scheme - GOV.UK
              You must leave if you’re no longer eligible to be in it.

To leave, write to HMRC and they will confirm your leaving date.
              You must wait 12 months before you can rejoin the scheme.

That would imply you've deliberately committed tax fraud for multiple years, and you're boasting about it.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

That would imply you've deliberately committed tax fraud for multiple years, and you're boasting about it.
                My old man taught me three important life lessons:

1. Never sign for anything.
                2. Never volunteer for anything
                3. Never mess with the VAT man

Comment

Good golly Jeeves, that LondonPM chappy appears to be having his ass handed to him. Run along and get one of the silver platters King George gifted my grandfather so he can have it served properly would you.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Idiot

Read it properly

Leaving the scheme
                    You must leave the scheme if:

you’re no longer eligible to be in it
                    on the anniversary of joining, your turnover in the last 12 months was more than £230,000 (including VAT) - or you expect it to
                    be in the next 12 months
                    you expect your total income in the next 30 days alone to be more than £230,000 (including VAT)
                    Last edited by LondonPM1; 18 September 2020, 10:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      stop reading ainmal books and start reading real books - go back to school for that OLevel in english you desperately needed

And take your medication today please

Comment

Working...
                      X