• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

People over 6ft have double the risk of coronavirus, study suggests

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“ People who are over 6ft tall have more than double the chance of being diagnosed with Covid-19, a survey suggests.

An international team of researchers, including experts from the University of Manchester and Open University, surveyed 2,000 people in the UK and US to look at whether personal attributes, work and living practices might influence transmission.

The team found taller people are at higher risk, which scientists say suggests coronavirus is transmitting through the air because height would not make a difference if people were contracting it exclusively through droplets. ”

Well, I am ok...

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    “ People who are over 6ft tall have more than double the chance of being diagnosed with Covid-19, a survey suggests.

An international team of researchers, including experts from the University of Manchester and Open University, surveyed 2,000 people in the UK and US to look at whether personal attributes, work and living practices might influence transmission.

The team found taller people are at higher risk, which scientists say suggests coronavirus is transmitting through the air because height would not make a difference if people were contracting it exclusively through droplets. ”

Well, I am ok...
    Fatties also at a higher risk ..... natural selection in action
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I'm 7'6" and 22 stone of solid, lean, rippling muscle. Will I be okay?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        You’ll be lucky to be alive by morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Just walk on all fours, so you be 3ft.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              Fatties also at a higher risk ..... natural selection in action
              And baldies

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Well, I am ok...
                Not really good research. There are a number of factors that put tall people at risk. Being tall historically was advantageous in order to protect oneself in battle. That is no longer the case. The taller the person' the greater the stress on the heart. Tall people and obese people have a greater risk of heart disease and complications. Tall people are more likely to get managerial jobs because the look authoritative, they will interact with more people. These alone will add to the risk factor.
                Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
                Just walk on all fours, so you be 3ft.
                It will help, as does lying down when you have high blood pressure.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Spod, Spod! Is that you?
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

only tall people will be affected not the fantasists

Comment

Working...
                    X