• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Estate agents: it's not a crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estate agents: it's not a crash

Britain’s estate agents are insisting that the property market isn’t about to collapse.

They’re arguing that the 3.2% drop in prices during May and June is a ‘reset’, and that demand will pick up now that the economy is reopening - and house viewings are allowed again.

UK house prices fall as Covid-19 job losses surge - business live | Business | The Guardian

Comment

BoE economist and estate agents say everything is going to be fine.

Nothing to worry about then.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Boris will build 40 mln detached 6 bedroom US style houses, with front parking for all.

Comment

the rich need time to take some of their money out.

For those that have seen "The big short" and the scene with Mark Brown seeing a neighbourhood with the estate agent...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/PgGLgygsqus

Comment

I'm hoping that some of us who own country properties may even see demand rise if some of the articles I've been reading about people wanting to get the hell out of the cities are true.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
              the rich need time to take some of their money out.

And they need to wait for the retail to invest their stimulus cheque on bankrupt companies like Hertz.

Bankrupt Hertz targets Robinhood traders in plot to dump $1 billion in stock

Interesting fact, across all income groups ( $40k to $400k annual incomes), ~70% invested their stimulus in Robinhood stocks like Hertz.

There's a reason capitalism continues to thrive. It feeds on the financially uneducated.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
                I'm hoping that some of us who own country properties may even see demand rise if some of the articles I've been reading about people wanting to get the hell out of the cities are true.

Already you can pick up some bargains - not my taste, but o/o £725k for this scale of property in the Scottish borders - cheap cheap. Or a 30m sq kabab shop in the city for the same price.

6 bedroom equestrian facility for sale in Orchard House, Hawick, Roxburghshire, TD9, TD9
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Already you can pick up some bargains - not my taste, but o/o £725k for this scale of property in the Scottish borders - cheap cheap. Or a 30m sq kabab shop in the city for the same price.

6 bedroom equestrian facility for sale in Orchard House, Hawick, Roxburghshire, TD9, TD9
                  or a small 2 bedroom basement flat in stockbridge edinburgh. it's insane

Comment

Mad mental.

Comment

Working...
                    X